Cullercoats

These are a nice set of shots Andrew, with some really lovely lighting. It's nice for a change to see some shots that the water actually has a little texture in it. My only slight personal crit is the horizons are a little too central other than that the composition on all of them is pretty good. Thanks for showing them.(y)

George.

Thanks George. I will have a play a crop a little tonight to see if moving the horizon improves the composition.

I also took some portrait shot that I am going to try and stitch into a panorama.

Really like the first one, which I think would look better in a square crop - but the light and reflections in the little pools are great!

Lovely images:) Cullercoats was where my mam took us as kids.... A safe bay she said. I think it was more the fact there were no amusements there:)

I'm not sure now either. Seems a waste to crop out some of those colours but I do like the square. I usually keep my shots in 3:2 so not used to cropping into square.

Personally I think there is more than enough colour in the sq crop version to warrant keeping it, it removes some of the empty space to the right hand side. Either is a cracking shot though!

I really like the squared cropped edit.

Back