Curlew.

I like the second shot, the background is out of focus leaving all attention on the bird helping it to stand out. In the first shot there are elements behind the bird that distract attention away from the subject.

Good shots, especially with the natural background

a marvellous bird to have the opportunity of seeing ……

I like the second shot, the background is out of focus leaving all attention on the bird helping it to stand out. In the first shot there are elements behind the bird that distract attention away from the subject.

Very nice same as above

Good shots, especially with the natural background

a marvellous bird to have the opportunity of seeing ……

Thanks for the comments, folks. The second pic is my pick of the two but thought I'd include the first image as it's not everyday you get to see the underwing of a Curlew.

It wasn't until I started trying to photograph birds that I fully realised how well their plumage acts as camouflage. The first shot demonstrates that. I also like it because it's not the usual static bird pose. But I do like the second as well, especially with the bit of feather in its beak.

#2 for me too, but if you had the pose from #1 in the light and background of #2 it would have been a bit special me thinks.

Back