Cycling - Winchester Criterium

Edit My Images
Yes
Mens Elite race round a 1km circuit in the centre of Winchester. Afraid it was a bit of guess work settings wise! (Thank god for digital!)

Not a bad shot at all, in focus and composed well.

Managed to get to the one in Barnsley. Yep, BARNSLEY. Hopefully it will be on again next year. I go out to time trial to practice the BLUR. The cyclists really appreciate the images and how difficult it is to produce this type of shot.

Just on the edge of being in focus for the rider from Holmfirth. Oh so close.

View attachment 19254

One from the Tour

View attachment 19256

Shot from a time trial near to where I live.

View attachment 19255

View attachment 19254

Managed to get to the one in Barnsley. Yep, BARNSLEY. Hopefully it will be on again next year. I go out to time trial to practice the BLUR. The cyclists really appreciate the images and how difficult it is to produce this type of shot.

As long as there's a road these days, seems to be a cycle race anywhere!!!

They're some great looking pics.

That's a good idea about going to time trials and practicing the "blur"! Do you arrange it with the organisers or just turn up and shoot?

I just turned up at one which I'd spotted on the way home from a road race (running). A friend sent them to a mate of his at a bike club and it has snowballed from there. I go to one particular club's races and they have been really supportive AND appreciative. They are free to download the images from my Flickr account and I ask them if they would like to contribute to a charity I raise money for: malarianomore uk
From a fell race the other week and a time trial, people contributed £250! Cyclists and runners alike have been brilliant.

View attachment 19260

View attachment 19261

I just turned up at one which I'd spotted on the way home from a road race (running).

What a great idea. Am into my cycling so shall suss out where my nearest tt's are. Might as well take a few shots at them as not quite fast enough to ride em yet!!

What a great idea. Am into my cycling so shall suss out where my nearest tt's are. Might as well take a few shots at them as not quite fast enough to ride em yet!!

They take place every Wednesday for quite a few months. I go up there and practice "freeze" shots and blur ones. It's a great way to improve. Much easier to freeze than blur. Go on Facebook and see if you can contact the local clubs. Cyclists love pictures of their POSITION on the bike. One guy donated £50 to the charity, just because he was so happy with his position on the bike. Good luck with it.
Looking forward to a hill climb in October, only a couple of miles away.

Back