D2X as a motorsport body

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently use a D70 as a back-up to my D300 for motorsport photography and I feel that the D70 is failing me in a few area's, namely the AF and FPS so I'll be looking to either sell the camera or give it to my partner (more than likely the later of the 2) and either buy a D200 or a D2X. The questions I have are the following,

Is the D2X FF or DX?
Is it a good motorsport camera?
Is is comparable and a good companion to a D300?
How much do they go for (on average)?
Any other info?

Thanks.

D2x is DX
Can't answer whethere it's good or not as I've nener owned one I'm afraid
I think exposure and colour wise the d300 is a far better camera

The D2x is a good sturdy camera, built like a tank, however in low light it's no match for the much newer D300, even in good light the newer processor and sensor of the D300 show through, the d2x does have a slighty higher frame rate, but if you get the grip with the D3 battery I think they are pretty much the same.

If you're not making huge prints the 4.1mp D2Hs would be better for motor sport as it's faster at 8 fps and performs better in low light than the D2X or D2Xs with the same tank like professional build.

D2Hs is happy to 1600 with a sweet spot at 1250 ISO - built to last - and I print to at least 18 x 12 with it without problems. Nice small files too - I much prefered it to the D300 (now sold!!)

Is the D2X FF or DX?
(DX)
Is it a good motorsport camera?
Its OK as Motorsort camera, but, so is the D300 if you add a grip and the EN-EL4 battery (8fps)
Is is comparable and a good companion to a D300?
I have both D2X and D300 with afore mentioned grip and battery, to be honest I rather use the D300, LCD screens easier to view than the D2X, although the D2Xs (later model) is supposed to have a better screen!! The only thing thats any different on the D2X/D2Xs is the high speed crop, that does come in handy from time to time, at the cost of half the pixels 6MP
How much do they go for (on average)?
£700-800 usually
Any other info?

Thanks for the advice. I guess another D300 is the answer, but its out of my price-range as a 2nd body.

Back