D300s out now £1500

Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
Just noticed it's on Jessops website- pre order for £1500, at only £299 less than the D700 and not knowing the full spec, is it worth the price tag i wonder, it could keep the D300 hovering at around £1100 unfortunately.

Just noticed it's on Jessops website- pre order for £1500, at only £299 less than the D700 and not knowing the full spec, is it worth the price tag i wonder, it could keep the D300 hovering at around £1100 unfortunately.

I for one see no reason to upgrade so I will continue to save for the D400...

Got my D300 yesterday, I was tempted to wait to see if prices came down after this release but glad I didnt :)

The D300 was launche at an rrp of £1299 (the D700 rrp is something like £2100), but it dropped to £1049 within a short while, I expect the D300s will follow suit....

Onboard mic not good enough? :shake:

3771242065_c2462e76f8.jpg

too true but.............. as a product extension for Nikon sales the upgarde probably makes sense

Hugh

sadly it seems video is the way dslrs are going now, its a minor upgrade but one that will surely be popular. im sure in a couple of years all dslrs will do video.

im pleased this is being announced now, im after a second hand d300 within the next few weeks and im hoping there'll be a small second hand price drop.

Onboard mic not good enough? :shake:

This is normal. Onboard micros always have limitations, like built-in flashes. They are economic solutions, to avoid pushing the final price too hard.

I don't complain about the one in the 5D Mark II. Quality is more than good enough for amateur use. If you want to make some professional movies, then it's highly recommended to buy an external model. ;)

Back