Dambusters ~ Derwent 16th May 08

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
A superb morning spent in the hills. The early start was well worth the effort. Great company, weather behaved itself and some special Aircraft thrown in for good measure..

web01-1.jpg

web02-2.jpg

web03-2.jpg

web04-2.jpg

web09.jpg

web05-2.jpg

web08-1.jpg

Thanks for looking
Neil

Is she still painted up as "Phantom of the Rhur"? I can't remember what that nose art looked like, but expect that's what I can see.

I expect to see some sort of negtive comment in the media about this event - they certainly seemed to keep it quite quiet until today that it was going on...

Superb, I really like them all.

I so wanted to be there but couldnt get time off work. So jealous!

Nice shots sir! :)

outstanding shots Neil-wish I could have seen that fly-past. I think the first is my favourite.

Thanks for the comments guys

I expect to see some sort of negtive comment in the media about this event - they certainly seemed to keep it quite quiet until today that it was going on...

It was on the BBMF website.. On the Display Dates.. I noticed it a few weeks ago, because if you wanted to park at the Dam you had to apply for a pass.. Only 500 places available for parking..

Yes its still got that Nose~Art Desantnik.. this one a little closer ( a crop off No.6 )

cockpit.jpg

Neil

Last edited:
Particularly like shots 3,5 and 6, great work.

A great set of shots!
I had to be content with watching them come home. The Spitfire and Dakota still hadn't returned when i left. Someone mentioned Chatsworth house?
No. 6 for me. ;-)

a cracking set. No 4 for me is probably the best shot I've ever seen that clearly shows the differences in these fine aircraft.

Would have loved to see the Dak at Tebay :D

very nice shots, is there a man stood in the door of number 5?

Excellent series, all top class shots.

Must admit I'm a bit green, watching the occasion on the box, wishing I was there.

Envious? Me? Never

Good shots!

Excellent shots (y) the sight of a Lancaster is one of the few things than still makes me proud to be British, They were all incredibly brave men

Thanks for the comments, Glad you like the photos. Some of my Lanc pics look better now I've cloned the Bodies out in the Background.. May upload them later...

Hi Photon
Are you shown in Pic3?

I was about 10 yards further down. Some of the guys I went with are on the photo. Thanks for the link

Neil

Cracking set of shots, was hoping somebody was these and going to post some shots, heard about it Friday morning. Well done

Les F

Great pics and the crop really works too (assuming it stands upto larger printing). And, importantly, equally as good if not better than the telegraph pics.

Greats shots Neil.....better than the pro's in the newspapers, well the guy who took the photo for the express.....not prop blur....completely frozen props....think he needs a lesson of your and Bill :LOL:

Terrific shots of the 'Dambusters' tribute Neil.......looks like you had a good location to shoot these pictures and I was surprised to see how 'Low Level' they look.......I suppose that was the reason for the trek to get to that spot....well worth it......great shots!......Cheers Barry

Love the photos, I was watching the flypast from Winstone Lee Tor just down the valley from the Dam. The Lanc flew straight over us about 100 ft up :)

Last edited:
Such a big event was a 'celebreation' of 65yrs since the Dambusters of WWII. They may return in a more low key event next year. You can still see them flying at various places around the UK and Europe this season. See more at the BBMF website.

Back