Danielle

I like the blend to black. Not sure what the 'things' are top left?? I scrolled down to crop them out and like the image as a square crop.

I like the lighting on the first one, although I would get rid of the fish or whatever it is on the wall and maybe crop a little tighter. I think it would better without so much space at the top of her head.

Not fussed on the second one. I don't like the lighting or the way the model is posed. Feels very staged and awkward especially the placement of her hands and not digging the crop. For that one to work I think you would need a wider shot which shows all of her legs and a model that doesn't look so uncomfortable and not so in your face lighting.

the first shot has a lot going for it.
I too would fade out the fish as well as the highlight detail in her hair above her ear. ( cover it with your thumb and you will see the picture draws you in much better.) Like all 3/4 lit portraits the light has caught right ear too strongly ( Burning in to a level that matches her cheek would probably help.)

I remember having terrible problems with over lit ears, when Beehive hairdos were all the rage.

Ears and noses are always much the same size. But ears do not do well being emphasized.

The second shot does not work light wise or pose wise
The pressure on the back of her left calf spoils the line of the leg and the relative closeness of the legs to the view point enlarges them too much. ( a longer focal length from a further away viewpoint would balance the relative sizes better)
it looks like she has lovely slender hands but you have made little of them in this pose.

the highlight on the unlit lamp would look better toned down as it competes too strongly with the rest of the composition.

I am sure there is a picture to be had in this chair However this is not it.

Thanks for the feedback..............I have only just started shooting with lighting and I am really enjoying it as it is a whole new ball game for me. Here is a head shot that I also took at the same shoot.
I plan to hire Danielle again next week and take her to a nice location on the west cost of Malaysia to hopefully get he with a sunset backdrop. I will practice some more on my wife over the weekend to try and get the hang of what these B1 lights can do.
View attachment 29218

Back