Dart Valley in Infrared

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
I was testing the Fuji 14mm f/2.8 with a Hoya R72 ahead of a trip to Cumbria next month.

Decided to take a visit up the Dart Valley.

Shot RAW and processed in Photoshop and Lightroom.

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

The last one came out a tad bis noisy in the dark river.

I'm fairly pleased with the IR performance of this lens on my (unmodified) X-E1.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks for looking.

I like the 1st and 3rd a lot - I find that the patch of sky really obscures and confuses the images a lot for me, though.

This is most obvious in the 3rd with a really odd colour change in the top-centre of the photo.

Thanks for the feedback. I need to have a play about a bit more with colour temp in ACR with these infrared images.

One thing I didn't do which I should've probably done was take a manual white balance reading from some bright grass.

I managed to get the sky blue in this image taken last week but was unable to replicate the results in these:
View attachment 19238

Some great compositions and I think all of them would make great B&W infrareds. Sadly I just don't like colour IR, no matter how well it's done.

To be fair I'll mainly be using the infrared filter for black and white, just thought I'd dabble in the colour IR.

Think I may have a look at some b&w conversions of these images and see how they come out.

Thanks guys.

To be fair I'll mainly be using the infrared filter for black and white, just thought I'd dabble in the colour IR.

Think I may have a look at some b&w conversions of these images and see how they come out.

Thanks guys.

I've been thinking of buying an IR filter myself to have a play in B&W.
Have you seen the work of Russ Barnes? He's quite the master of IR, though now uses a converted camera. https://www.flickr.com/photos/russellbarnes/

Some very impressive images there on his Flickr feed cheers for the link. Shows what can be done with infrared very well.

If I had a spare digital body going I would look seriously at getting the hot filter removed and the camera converted to infrared.

Back