Dartford Warbler

Edit My Images
No
After a few near misses over the past two week I finally got my first Dartford of the year today. Certainly nothing to write home about and I though long and hard before even posting - Pretty naff shot but a cracking little bird none the less.

dart1.jpg

Well i am by no means an expert but i think this is an excellent shot, sharp and detailed

Beautiful shot, its great to be able to see one of these but to get a photo like that you must be well pleased

Excellent image (y)
I was down at Lynmouth last week and we had a look at North Hill just outside Minehead but with no luck it's a bird i would love to get some shots of
so well done you
Regards
Richard

Well I don't know why you are beating yourself up about that shot, I think it is excllent. Yes I appreciate the branch is irrtating but shooting birds in their natural environment is always subject to that hazard. With the scarcer varieties we don't always get the option of a selection of perches and have to grab them when we can.

Definitely not a naff shot to my eyes and would only to be glad to get such a shot. Great detail and nicely perched on the whin bush.

The branches on the edges frame the bird nicely, its just that central one which is a shame. Lovely picture though, nice and sharp.

I was drawn to the eye and the excellent sharp detail before I noticed the f/g branch.....a good 9 1/2 out of 10.

Keith (y)

Nice shot of a wonderful little bird Roy. I dunno why you fretted about posting that - I'd be happy with a shot of a Dartford's arse! :D

Great capture with such clarity...well done !! "I`ve yet to see one let alone photograph it !!

Geoff

Nowt wrong with this one Roy. I'd be chuffed to bits to get a shot like this of one of these birds.

Thanks for commenting guys (y) my main nits are the washed out dries gorse to the left and right but mostly the OOF piece that is covering the rear of the bird. I also think the harsh light makes it a bit too contrasty for my liking.

Back