Dartford Warbler

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
What a great day with fellow togs Ken, Ian & Pete. Went looking for the Dartford Warlbler and we were very surprised to see how close it came, actually too close sometimes to focus.

This is a bird I have wanted to photo for a long time. Just got back but here is the first of many.

Dartford Warlbler by Stuart G Wright Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cannot fault the quality of the bird Stuart, just a slight shame about the small bush in the foreground. Congrats on your capture and I can understand that you needed to get one posted up to wet our whistle :)

Out-bloody-rageous.
The OOF bush in the foreground adds to the image and gives a sense of atmosphere and environment.

Has somebody put something in the water lately in this forum :shrug: It was just an opinion Chris and I thought it distracted slightly. If the small amount of bush had not obscured the leg of the bird then I would not have commented on it at all. You have been doing this bird stuff far longer than me Chris and on a more professional level, so could you explain something to me. I understand that obviously the birds eye is the main focal point to a degree, but if that same shot had been taken and say part of the chest or back had been obscured by something, would that have still been acceptable?

Has somebody put something in the water lately in this forum :shrug: It was just an opinion Chris and I thought it distracted slightly. If the small amount of bush had not obscured the leg of the bird then I would not have commented on it at all. You have been doing this bird stuff far longer than me Chris and on a more professional level, so could you explain something to me. I understand that obviously the birds eye is the main focal point to a degree, but if that same shot had been taken and say part of the chest or back had been obscured by something, would that have still been acceptable?

I think you misunderstood and that it is you that has been drinking the 'sensitive water'. ;)
My "out-bloody-rageous" comment was to the photographer for taking what I consider to be a stunning photograph. Unfortunately I followed that up with a contrary opinion about the OOF branch.
As for what I consider acceptable and what a publisher or critic, for examples, consider acceptable are (often) two very different things.

Hope that clears things up? :love:

these birds are nesting now & are a schedule 1 protected bird...so that means that you will need a licence to be anywhere near them...mark.
very nice shot...

Not true.

I commend your desire to inform and protect but please, inform us of the facts - not your misleading opinions on what the act says.

these birds are nesting now & are a schedule 1 protected bird...so that means that you will need a licence to be anywhere near them...mark.
very nice shot...

Mark, unfortunately this bird is alone, and is unlikely to find a mate where he is, but if he did, rest assured the act woud be followed as it should be (well at least by the 4 of us that went, cant comment on anybody elses behaviour) :)

Great shot Stu :)

oh and Stu, its Warbler not Walbler ;) lol quick edit of the title should sort that though ;)

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood and that it is you that has been drinking the 'sensitive water'. ;)
My "out-bloody-rageous" comment was to the photographer for taking what I consider to be a stunning photograph. Unfortunately I followed that up with a contrary opinion about the OOF branch.
As for what I consider acceptable and what a publisher or critic, for examples, consider acceptable are (often) two very different things.

Hope that clears things up? :love:

I forgot what water tastes like :LOL: Now I see Chris ;) you will have to make them full stops bigger :rules: I like the bush being there as you say it does add to it, just a bit unfortunate for that small part on the right.

Nice capture Stu of this lovely little bird which I have yet to see.

Regards: Gordon

Back