Dartmoor Trees

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of shots from today on Dartmoor. Taken just below Birch Tor. First is a single frame, second is a composite of 5 frames.

I like the tactility and texture of them, and the sense of the branches weaving and writhing together. Unfortunately as posted here they look horribly over-sharpened and with over-cooked colours, and were so much better on your flickr page (I won't normally follow up to flickr, but the idea was interesting).

In both cases I wonder if looking downward a little more would have made them stronger, particularly image 2 where there's a lot of spindly branches at the top and the reflection is cut off a little early.

A couple of shots from today on Dartmoor. Taken just below Birch Tor. First is a single frame, second is a composite of 5 frames.

Looks to me more like the 2nd one is the HDR composite. At full size on Flickr, both show quite a bit of Chromatic aberration. I think it may be Flickr that has made them look a little over sharpened.
Maybe a portrait format shot would include more of the reflection in the 2nd one?

Tonemapped HDR? If so then you're on the right track.
It can be tricky to make compositions out of scenes like that. I think that foggy conditions and perhaps B&W conversion would really work well here.
I'd love to visit Dartmoor and Wistman's Wood especially.

Agree with comments. Think I'll have another go at processing them at the weekend.

Back