B&W Dartmoor

Truly spectacular work Andrew. I'm a sucker for B&W landscapes and these are right up my street, and they look great viewed bigger on Flickr. Lovely contrast and detail. At first glance I thought they looked a little over sharpened, but now I'm not so sure if that's just my crappy work monitor!

Thanks for sharing :)

Very nice photographs indeed. I like those a lot.

Great atmospheric shots.
Do you think the second would be better with a bit of a crop at the bottom?

Amazing sky and clouds. Don't know what or how much PP you've used Andrew but it's spot on :)

Couple of really great shots there Andrew I like hem both very much. The sky in #2 is very dramatic and really works in B&W. They do both appear to be a little over sharpened to me but other than that "Excellent" work.(y)

George.

Truly spectacular work Andrew. I'm a sucker for B&W landscapes and these are right up my street, and they look great viewed bigger on Flickr. Lovely contrast and detail. At first glance I thought they looked a little over sharpened, but now I'm not so sure if that's just my crappy work monitor!

Thanks for sharing :)
Excellent..really does justice to the b/w medium

Beautiful pictures Andrew, One of my favorite placed to get lost with a camera, and you have done it justice,

Geoff

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I agree they do look a bit over sharpened now I look again. I use SilverEfex Pro for the B&W conversion and I might have sharpened before & after.

Sorry I'm not 100% on these.

The 1st is Compositionally pleasing for sure. The second is quite flat and dull to me subject matter wise. The 1st has a start, middle and end. The other looks a bit stark and featureless and that's compounded with the processing

They have lots of texture and are pleasing to look at, 1 is my preference, the sky in 2 looks a bit over worked to my taste and I'm unsure about the line of stones running straight across. It sort of splits the image for me and the foreground does not have a lot to draw interest. I don't know if the location would have allowed you to compose these running diagonally from a corner

I like the processing, good sky in the second but the first has more interest.

Back