Dat Dare London

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I was asked to do a Pyrotechnics display along with Highlight Pyrotechnics for Cancer Research in London, We had 15 events up and down the country all firing at the same time. I decided to take the camera with me just in case. Both shots were taken without using a tripod. All I had was my bag and the wall of the Thames. Shots were taken when we had some down time.

London Landscape
by Chr1is76, on Flickr

London Landscape B&W
by Chr1is76, on Flickr

Last edited:
Fine work Chris and only really appreciated by clicking through to Flickr to see the large version. It's strange how much the red lights on the cranes add to the shot and it all hangs together very well indeed.

Black and white kills it. This needs to be colour.

Lot of banding/compression in the sky. Is that on your archived TIFF or PSD image as well? Flickr isn't normally that bad at compressing stuff.
OghrfK9.jpg

Last edited:
Only just noticed the banding. Will go back and have a look

If it's not on your raw then it's just Flickr being mean to you. If it's on your final hi res version, but not on the raw, then it's a sure sign of over-processing, or too much processing at 8bit. Try to stay in 16bit as long as you can throughout your workflow.

That DOES look like JPEG compression though.

I do like the colour image the most but it has the feeling of a lot of PP. I may be wrong but there does seems to be a lot of banding. I presume this was shot in raw? the building on the RHS is a tad light also but this could be sorted quite easily.

As a whole well done though :)

Back