Day out with Lily and her grandparents

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a lovely day yesterday travelling on the steam loco from Bridgnorth to Bewdley. Beautiful scenery and a very nice old fashioned steam train.
There were a few shots I've always wanted to get and now Lily is getting to an age where she will respond to certain things, I managed to get them. :) I hope she melts your heart a little bit, like she melts mine a lot, thanks for popping in.

1.. I know I could probably crop out her grandmothers hand, but maybe it should stay in there?
14678158455_894fb2521f_b.jpg

2.. thought I would get a bit of motion blur in there to get some "feeling" of movement.
14681359712_c46eda7673_b.jpg

3.. I think I should have waited for the ticket man, would have looked more authentic
14495009049_df8a74ec16_b.jpg

4.. Lily and grandad John.
14495281079_b64a01a04d_b.jpg

5.. Thought I would try the first shot, but with grandad taking a look. I focussed on the reflection rather than on John (in the first image, I focussed on Lily, rather than the reflection). Got hands like shovels that bloke.
14681661955_16b4d9e3e4_b.jpg

6.. Peekaboo !
14495265640_85420e0098_b.jpg

Thanks for looking :) Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Now these are much better Carl. Love the reflections in the glass. I agree about the cropping of the hand but it would ruin the perspective so it's a toughy. Agree with waiting for the conductor to appear in #3 aswell but a great shot non the less and one i have done myself a few times so i'm a fan. :D

EDIT:

I'd darken out the extra people in #5.

Last edited:
#2/3 need straightening

#6 is my fav and what a cheeky lil monkey she looks.

#1 don't think hand negates the image at all.

No. 6 is just so darn cute! Lovely shot.

No one has commented on No. 5 yet, so here goes. I think this a great shot, though I would crop it on the left hand side at his shoulder - getting rid of the head behind him and cloning out anything remaining in the background so it goes to black. This one makes me think about what he could be looking at and what he is thinking about.

Love No1 shame about the bottle I'm thinking- the last image is an absolute cracker

Les :D

Now these are much better Carl. Love the reflections in the glass. I agree about the cropping of the hand but it would ruin the perspective so it's a toughy. Agree with waiting for the conductor to appear in #3 aswell but a great shot non the less and one i have done myself a few times so i'm a fan. :D

EDIT:

Good idea, think I might just do that ! :)

#2/3 need straightening

#6 is my fav and what a cheeky lil monkey she looks.

#1 don't think hand negates the image at all.

lol, she is cheeky bugger bryn, but cute 100% :)

No. 6 is just so darn cute! Lovely shot.

No one has commented on No. 5 yet, so here goes. I think this a great shot, though I would crop it on the left hand side at his shoulder - getting rid of the head behind him and cloning out anything remaining in the background so it goes to black. This one makes me think about what he could be looking at and what he is thinking about.

Will do, thanks for commenting :)

Love No1 shame about the bottle I'm thinking- the last image is an absolute cracker

Les :D

I was thinking that as well, and the dinosaur behind it, though maybe the dinosaur could have stayed. I'll try again with my son (pops out in October) when he turns about her age and lily is a little older. Its good to have kids to practice on :)

Thanks for commenting everyone, most appreciated :)

She is a wee cracker,i think i would crop out the hand if it was mine.:)

ahem... :rolleyes:

:D

My apologies....I missed your edit.

First and third for me Carl, second one could do with a straighten imho, I'm a little anal about verticals. The last one could do with a boost really to lose some of the shadowing on the face. First is probably the pick for me.

Great set of shots. The last one is probably my favourite.

I agree on what others say on the first shot, the hand bothers me less than the bottle, but it's hard to get everything perfect when a toddler isn't going to wait for you to take your shot!

In the third shot, agree that it would have been better with a ticket checker. If it had a person in the distance it would have worked as is, but without a person I would be tempted to straighten it.

All of the rest are really nice shots, although it's a shame they weren't facing the sun a bit more in the fourth shot.

Great set though, some shots to treasure there!

Last edited:
Back