DC3 Dakota Aurora Borealis, Iceland

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
On the night when we experienced the huge KP10 display we went to our chosen spot to photograph the aurora over the crashed DC3 Dakota site, it was an aurora display to remember, the team were doing alot of running around and lightpainting. What a night.

Thanks for looking,
Andy

15108511967_7a6bc6ce54_c.jpg

What. Can you say other than stunning. So well executed and unusual compared to the normal northern lights images seen.

thank you folks!

That looks fantastic. Funnily enough I'm in here to plan what I want to photograph, as I'm currently planning a trip to Iceland for this winter! What kit did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Superb!

I didn't know about this. Just googled it. Very interesting and mysterious story. I bet it was eerie place to be.

cracking shot Andy. We are heading out to Iceland (with the Talkphotography group) in march and im seriously hoping that we see a display like this :)

Now that is stunning.
Well done you.

cracking shot Andy. We are heading out to Iceland (with the Talkphotography group) in march and im seriously hoping that we see a display like this :)

Fabulous shot, Andy.

I'm another one on the March TP trip and I'll have the car keys! Got the coordinates noted to add to the highlighted blobs on the map and to stick into the GPS/tablet to help us pinpoint the wreckage. Even as a static subject, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make something interesting there and if we get a light show like that while we're there, I'll be chuffed as nuts!

Thanks for sharing. (And thanks to Byker for saving me the hassle of Groogling to find it!)

Cracking photo. I just love the desolation shown in the background coupled with the auroral display in the sky above.

thank you very much for your kind comments

I keep coming back to this again and again for another look. Its fantastic.

Back