Deer in Bradgate Park, Leicestershire

Name
Josh
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm just getting back into photography and trying to use free software rather than Lightroom etc. so I processed these in darktable, but I'm still working out how to use it. These are the first photos I've taken in months (maybe years!) so they were never going to be great, but you've got to (re)start somewhere, right? I I took them, so I thought I might as well share a few!

Personally I think they're over-processed, but I also think the focus is a bit soft so they're probably limited in how good they could ever be... Not sure if that's a fault of the lens/autofocus, me, or a combination of both (probably the latter!). For info, they're taken on a Nikon D7500 with a Sigma 18-300mm f3.5-6.3 - I'm happy to share the RAW files if anyone wants to have a go at them?

Anyway, let me know your thoughts (these ones are heavily shrunk and compressed to meet the requirements of the forum, which I think are <500kb and <=1200px longest side if I've understood correctly?).

Thanks,
Josh.

Attachments

• DSC_0012_small.jpg
    DSC_0012_small.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0136_small.jpg
    DSC_0136_small.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0402_small.jpg
    DSC_0402_small.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 13
Some nice deer pictures you got there - certainly something to work from.

I had not heard of Bradgate Park before. Is it National Trust or fee entry?

It's just a big old country estate with some ruins, a tea room with a visitors centre attached, lots of paths with different walks, woodland etc... it's a charity and it's free to get in you just pay for parking to help maintain the park. Some lovely walks if you're ever in the area https://www.bradgatepark.org/

Back