Wild Den's Kingfishers

Dean my first Kingfisher shots were also just tiny specs in the frame, all I did was decide to make a project of it and stick to one subject ,it took me four months on my local river last year and i just persevered and got lucky, my experience with these birds also helped this year were I had a choice of three kingfisher sites to choose from, don't be embarrassed about posting shots just use them as a benchmark in wanting to improve ,it can be done ,time and luck play a big part plus I dont have long lenses and have no choice but to get a bit closer to my subjects ,just keep at it

super den ,like the way its all in one progressive post now ,shows it developing over time

well that certainly explains the crisp sharpness.. outstanding lens and the canon with the unusual APS-H sensor size ( halfway between APS-C and FF. which im guessing would give you around 1.3 x focal length giving you around 390mm.
my biggest challenge is that though i have APS-C so get around 460mm focal length i have rather poor quality sigma 70-300 APO DG F/5.6 which even at F8 is very soft at the 300mm end with awful CA and dismal border resolution even when stopped down to f/11.
think the canon 300mm is a little out of my price range at around £750-800 though for that money id probably opt for the 100-400 Canon though i may have to sell the wife and kids first!

well that certainly explains the crisp sharpness.. outstanding lens and the canon with the unusual APS-H sensor size ( halfway between APS-C and FF. which im guessing would give you around 1.3 x focal length giving you around 390mm.
my biggest challenge is that though i have APS-C so get around 460mm focal length i have rather poor quality sigma 70-300 APO DG F/5.6 which even at F8 is very soft at the 300mm end with awful CA and dismal border resolution even when stopped down to f/11.
think the canon 300mm is a little out of my price range at around £750-800 though for that money id probably opt for the 100-400 Canon though i may have to sell the wife and kids first!
I had two 100-400mm and loved them both ,a great walkabout lens ....here's another of the male with a large Bullhead for a youngster View attachment 15842

Absolutely beautiful

Back