Derby Phoenix Race Meeting, Cadwell Park

Edit My Images
Yes
Went To Cadwell on Monday, Got a bit more practise with the 100-400 L.
IMG_8831.jpg

IMG_8793.jpg

[
IMG_8809.jpg

Nice shots. Like the first one. Just a little hint for you. Be careful where the sun is. On the third one can you see that light thing on the tank? Apart from that these are good shots :)

Funny, I actually quite like the sun hitting the fuel cap, gives the picture that something extra of interest. Could do with a little sharpening on the bike though just to make it stand out some more.

Sidecars lack a little something to make them interesting, I think it is the sense of motion that is missing here. What shutter speed were you using? Good sharp shots though.

Nice shots. Like the first one. Just a little hint for you. Be careful where the sun is. On the third one can you see that light thing on the tank? Apart from that these are good shots :)

Thanks Matt, It is very difficult to get the sun in the right place at Cadwell Park, without a media pass,which gives you access to the inside of the track, all the interesting tog spots are facing the sun most of the day, :crying:

Funny, I actually quite like the sun hitting the fuel cap, gives the picture that something extra of interest. Could do with a little sharpening on the bike though just to make it stand out some more.

Sidecars lack a little something to make them interesting, I think it is the sense of motion that is missing here. What shutter speed were you using? Good sharp shots though.

Thanks Andy, At 100% crop, the bike is sharper from the rider to the back of the bike ( need more practise ), There is slight sense of motion in the grass & fence on the outfit shots but not enough, TV 1/500th sec, I`ll try 1/125th sec next time. (y)

Thanks Matt, It is very difficult to get the sun in the right place at Cadwell Park, without a media pass,which gives you access to the inside of the track, all the interesting tog spots are facing the sun most of the day, :crying:

Thats a bit of a bugger.

Hope you don't mind but I have had a bit of a play with one of your images? I have re-cropped a bit tighter, recovered the over blown areas, sharped the main subject and then added some additional motion blur. The blur has caused some almost ghosting on the tail of the bike as I am not an expert with layers but I did the best I could :bonk: Let me know what you think.

IMG_8809-sharp.jpg

I think, remembering I am no expert, that dropping to 1/125th might prove to be a bit of a challange. Try 1/200 or slightly faster at first and work on your panning technique from there. Other more experianced motorsport togs may be able to provide better advice :shrug:

Back