Derek

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Just thought i would share one from a recent shoot. This is a slight variation on processing style for me so hoped for some feedback from you guys, any improvements that you think may help is always welcomed :)

Derek Acorah by andyroberts1868, on Flickr

Nice looking portrait. How did you get to shoot him? and did he have Sam with him :)

Thanks :) I've done a couple of shoots with him over the past couple of years, this being the 3rd one. His manager contacted me out of the blue asking if I'd be interested in shooting some promo material for them and it went from there :)

I didn't ask about Sam though I'm afraid :LOL:

Nice shot. Is this cropped intentionally to lose a bit off the hair? It's what my eyes are drawn to, perhaps an even closer crop would look more like that was what was intended?

It was intended that way, I wanted a close up and including the top of the head ruined the dynamic of the shot for me (I have other shots with the top in which don't look right to me) This was something I was most happy with and was shot as it appears here. I hadn't thought about a tighter crop til now, it could work as long as I leave some hair in at the top or it'll look like he has a humongous forehead :LOL: the comments are appreciated :)

I like the warmth, engagement, angles, everything. The only thing I'd do is pull the reds out a bit.

Thanks :) I've done a couple of shoots with him over the past couple of years, this being the 3rd one. His manager contacted me out of the blue asking if I'd be interested in shooting some promo material for them and it went from there :)

I didn't ask about Sam though I'm afraid :LOL:

Awesome :)

It was intended that way, I wanted a close up and including the top of the head ruined the dynamic of the shot for me (I have other shots with the top in which don't look right to me) This was something I was most happy with and was shot as it appears here. I hadn't thought about a tighter crop til now, it could work as long as I leave some hair in at the top or it'll look like he has a humongous forehead :LOL: the comments are appreciated :)

Looking at this again, you're right - it works.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Dean, for the redness in the skintones I was with you but then after some thought I was then torn on which way to go with it. He does naturally have quite a colourful face which i went with in the end, but reigning in the reds a little also looked fine to my eye :) I'll post up the other version when i get home :)

Back