Derwent Water

Name
Guy Boden
Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't posted here for ages! Haven't really done much landscape photography of late so decided to go the lake district to correct that. I happened to choose the wettest day on records for my visit :rollypies:

Anyway, here's one of Derwent water, the day after the floods, when it had stopped raining for a bit :)

Thanks a lot for the comments :D

Yeah was getting a little dark, was shooting into the sunset and the foreground was getting pretty dark. This is a combination of of 3 bracketed shots but it didn't look right to my eyes with a brighter foreground. Works better on a black background :)

Cheers, Guy

LOVE IT!! Atmospheric, moody and very very beautiful.

As above, superb! (y)

Agree with the foreground needing lifting a little but that sky is fantastic.

perfect

if you were there, looking into the sun, that's how it would be

dont "lift" the foreground !!

nice one, I don't think the foreground need any mods, maybe up the exposure over all.

great colour and definition in those skies.

Pity you didn't get a more interesting sky :p

Seriously though - a great shot & sky, but with too much boring foreground

I don't think you need to lighten it, as much as merely crop it out a bit - were I on the right puter I'd show you what I mean, but I think it needs cropping to a tiny bit below that first single tree on the LHS

Well done whatever :)

DD

That sky is amazing!

I'd lighten the foreground a fraction but that is more nit-picking than anything else - if I'd taken that shot i'd be very proud!

Superb shot.
A quick edit to show the hidden detail.
It will be deleted in 2 days or sooner if you request it.

4163173834_b6871126be_o.jpg

Thanks a lot for all the comments and suggestions feedback folks. It's very much appreciated :)

I don't think you need to lighten it, as much as merely crop it out a bit - were I on the right puter I'd show you what I mean, but I think it needs cropping to a tiny bit below that first single tree on the LHS

Thanks for the suggestion DD. Feel free to post a crop if you wish. I'm not totally sure what you mean :)

Superb shot.
A quick edit to show the hidden detail.
It will be deleted in 2 days or sooner if you request it.

That's cool, many thanks for posting the suggestion. I see what you mean but I do feel that the foreground in your quick edit is a little too light, considering the sun has already disappeared behind the moutains, but I do take on what you say and I think I'll try a new edit tonight when I get home :)

Cheers, Mohain :D

I prefer the original version. It looks less pushed and is a believable representation of the scene. Us viewers must accept the authors interpretation - particular one of this note.

I particularly love the 3D feel to the clouds, great texture! (y)

Nice Capyure tad dark but very moody shame you missed the week or two before when it was drier (not much but it was lol) I klive in Penrith so this is on my doorstep practically and you know what I never get to go out shooting as much as I would like !

Back