Dicyrtomina saundersi

What a beautifully patterned little insect that is, very nice couple of shots.

2 excellent shots on show here focus is spot on, would crop a tad off left of #1 but maybe a square crop would work better.

(y)

Couple of really good shots T0p cat, with some great detail. Probably as Bryn has said a small crop from the left of #1 would improve the composition.(y)

George.

Great find, and excellent shots. Hes kinda cute.. yeah I'm strange.

Thank you all Gentlemen. He was very large and at an accessible height which made it easier than normal to capture these marvellous creatures. Regarding the crop i had already cropped the bottom right corner as there was a dark unsightly patch. On the rare occasion i capture these guys with good contrast and detail i like to try and limit all editing and retain as much quality as possible. This Collembola is cute enough to get away with centre stage i think.

Thanks Nick and Tim.

Tim it is very difficult getting shots down low with the MT-24 flash. It attaches to the lens with a ring that clips on which adds another half inch to the height at the bottom so you lose that half inch off the horizontal plain also if you have any type of diffuser on this then gets in the way as they are so close to the subject especially when it is loose leaves. I can get to eye level if i move the leaves that the Collembola are on up onto a ledge or fallen tree but i really want to photograph them where i find them.

Thanks Nick and Tim.

Tim it is very difficult getting shots down low with the MT-24 flash. It attaches to the lens with a ring that clips on which adds another half inch to the height at the bottom so you lose that half inch off the horizontal plain also if you have any type of diffuser on this then gets in the way as they are so close to the subject especially when it is loose leaves. I can get to eye level if i move the leaves that the Collembola are on up onto a ledge or fallen tree but i really want to photograph them where i find them.
Ah yes, I was forgetting about that. I think that was one of the reasons I haven't splashed out on one. It does give amazing light though!

Back