Did you say it is Easter - NOT Christmas? (Robin warning)

Edit My Images
Yes
EarlyChristmas.jpg

Poor thing - totally muddled by the unseasonal weather today!
A late or early Christmas Card - blame Global Warming!​

Cracking shot. I couldn't get a single bird into my garden today, no amount of feed; not even a pigeon.

Had to abort a trip to visit grandchildren after 5 miles of sliding on untreated main roads in settling snow - took it out on the birds and flowers. A couple of hours later it was all melting! Not worth the risk of the idiots on the M11 with its past history - Management suffering withdrawal symptoms - but did not enjoy the odd slide before we turned back!

Not bad but you've over sharpened it .. there's a halo around it.
In this case I'd use a selective mask around the robin, with feathering (eg gaussian blur 5-10px) around the edge so that you sharpen just the birdie and you wont get the halo

Not bad but you've over sharpened it .. there's a halo around it.
I think the halo is more from "Highlight-shadow" trying to damp down the brightness of the snow in the background.

I may go back and try masking if i get round to printing - I often do this if I wand selective areas sharpened, but find that it is a fine balance as more is required for web use that printing.
Thanks for bothering to comment constructively - it is the best thing about the forum- sharing expertise and learning from each other's experiences.

(y) Excellent! and you have plenty of time to get it printed onto the Christmas cards! :D

Back