Digitalrev.com

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
I'm thinking of buying a lens from them, does anyone have any experience with shopping from them? If so, what are they like?

I've only used their Manchester outlet, and they are fine. Very quick.

I've bought loads of stuff from them and they've always been as good as their word.

I purchased a Nikon D200 and battery pack from HK, I found them great to deal with.

Bought a few things from them and would happily deal with them again.

I've bought three expensive lenses (17-55/2.8 IS, 70-200/2.8L IS, 100-400/4.5-5.6L IS, plus some filters) from their eBay store and a 50D from their UK online store. I've had no problems with them and would use them again in a heartbeat, so long as the price was right. In fact, I'm struggling to hold off buying a 5D2 from them right now.

p.s. when I bid on a BIN auction in error - I mistakenly bid on an lens without the "no VAT guarantee" - they were quite happy to sort things out and cancel the transaction. Their online ticket tracking system and UK phone support are an extra convenience.

Last edited:
I was in their shop last saturday on the Peak in HK. Bought an SU-800 from them. Very good to deal with.

Have also bought a number of lenses from them in the past, through ebay, they're very good and always fast delivery.

got me 100-400 through them no problems, had my duty refunded within 48 hours, would gladly deal again,

you probably know but not all of their auctions will have their vat/duty paid guarantee so for lenses you have vat 15% and duty 6%, it adds up!!

They often have the same item listed both with and without the guarantee. When I was buying lenses the guarantee only added about 3% to the price, which I thought was a good deal. At the moment they have the 5D2 body listed both with and without the guarantee.

Price without guarantee is £1649.

Price with guarantee is £1780.

Price for body already in London is £1850.

Best alternative UK price is £1950 for cheque/transfer or over £2000 with debit/credit card.

That does make the premium for the guarantee more like 8.5% but still a good saving compared to paying VAT/duty/handling. Of all the options there I think the "no VAT guaranteed" deal looks like the best balance between price vs warranty vs risk.

p.s. Canon lenses should have an international warranty (DYOR), so even if sourced from Hong Kong there oght not to be a problem getting support from Canon UK. It is a different story with bodies, though. Warranty on bodies will be provided by Digital Rev themselves and Canon UK will have nothing to do with them, at least directly with the consumer.

Last edited:
As with most internet sellers, the buying part is usually good. It's when things go wrong that you start to see how good the retailer is. I've never used them myself, but a collegue bought a D70 from them a few years ago. Something went wrong with it (shutter I think) and he rang their UK number to get it replaced/repaired. They asked him to send it to Nikon for an estimate, and then send it back to them, and they would get it repaired (probably inhouse, in Hong Kong, at a guess). However, Nikon charge for an estimate, and would not release the camera without payment, which DigitalRev would not pay for. After a bit of arguing back and forth, my mate bit the bullet and got Nikon UK to repair it, at his own cost. As you can tell (D70!), this was a few years ago. Things may have changed since then.

Last edited:
Back