1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DigitalRevDeals

DigitalRevDeals Advertiser

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    By request, there are many inquiries about the warranty of "grey import" and the import handling charges when shipping from oversea. Please find the below details about DigitalRev's Warranty and Import Handling Info:

DigitalRev's 12 month warranty

All DSLR cameras and lenses contain a DigitalRev 12 months International Warranty which allows you to service your product locally upon authorization for repair from DigitalRev. To learn more about the warranty info, please visit http://digitalrev.com/en/terms-and-conditions-for-digitalrev-12-month-warranty-41-article.html

Import Handling

When you are purchasing directly from DigitalRev.com website, we apply an Import Handling surcharge for handling the importation of the order into your country of delivery for most of the overseas delivery addresses. The final total is all you have to pay to have the order delivered to your door. The detail information can be found at http://digitalrev.com/en/import-handling-for-non-hong-kong-customers-141-article.html

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
  2. Matt

Matt Staff Member Admin

Name:
    matt
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    discussion thread on importing here
  3. noggin1980

noggin1980

Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi,

I actually just asked this on an ebay auction but here might be a better place to ask and others may well be interested in the answers.

When buying a camera does the battery charger come with a UK plug? (I'm looking to buy the 60d.

Also I notice if I receive it and it is faulty I'd be able to get a replacement in the first 7 days. However I will be buying as a christmas present for my wife, so the first time it's used would be christmas morning. In the unlikely event she opens it christmas morning and its faulty would we still be able to send it for a replacement even though its been over 7 days since receipt?

Thank you very much for your help
  4. DigitalRevDeals

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The order will come with a plug converter. :)

If the Christmas morning has passed the 7 days of order date, the 7 days replacement cannot put into effect. You will have to claim on the 12 months warranty instead.

Another option is buying off from our website at DigitalRev.com, where the NO QUESTIONS ASKED REFUND is 14 days instead of 7 days.

For more details, you can visit 14 Days No Questions Asked Refund
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  5. tryit

tryit

Name:
    Martin
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Nothing to do with this forum I made my first purchase on diditalrev (website) a few weeks ago. I was a bit scared spending lots of money in HK. I ordered on Friday afernoon and my new camera arrived first thing on Monday. FANTASTIC!!!!!
  6. christurbo

christurbo

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Whats the difference between buying from you on eBay compared to your website? [apart from price]

Thanks
  7. DigitalRevDeals

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi,

Some of the listings are not all inclusive on ebay, but the prices on our website are all inclusive with import handling and free shipping.

Another main difference is the warranty that we offer. For any website's purchases, we offer with DigitalRev's 12 month local warranty, which you can repair the items locally in the UK for manufacture defects without shipping back to us. However, we only offer door-to-door warranty with ebay orders at the moment.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns or an order has been placed though our website for priority handling as forum members.
  8. gopz

gopz

Edit My Images:
    No
    Itseems your Canon 35mm f2 price is same as Jessops, so why would I not buy from them for Canon warranty? Will there be a price drop on this lens?
  9. DigitalRevDeals

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi,

We don't work on price match. Some of the products may have much cheaper prices and some don't depending on the costs from suppliers. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions. :)
  10. Tulipone

Tulipone

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Prior to my order, I'd like to clarify the position on UK tax. I got the impression that you would pay appropriate and applicable UK tax for the import of a Panasonic 12-35 lens. Elsewhere doubt has crept into my mind and I understand that you may mis-declare the item or it's value.

I don't particularly care what yoU do or how you do it, it just want no part in tax avoidance. Grateful that you confirm the stance taken by DigitalRev. I'd really like to place an order so grateful for your urgent attention please.
  11. kestral

kestral Suspended / Banned

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    How can that system work if the faulty item is not sent back to you? Would Nikon UK listen to me telling them that Digital rev say they should repair my camera? How does the 12 mth local Warranty work exactly.
  12. digitalfailure

digitalfailure Eduardo Staff Member Admin

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

As I understand it, if there are ANY charges to pay on orders delivered through the website (not ebay) DigitalRev will cover them upon production of the invoice. It's as simple as that :)

If you're that concerned about tax, I'd suggest buying from within the UK.
  13. DigitalRevDeals

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    We allow servicing locally in the UK without sending it back to us. For the detailed process, you may contact our Customer Support for assistance when your items are required repairing for manufacture defects.

Our Customer Support can be reached at cs01@digitalrev.com.
  14. Tulipone

Tulipone

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Okay, thanks. I'll give it some thought. I'd rather they were straight about this but understand the net effect that may have.
  15. kestral

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks for the reply,but it's really only half an answer.It's no use buying the item THEN finding out about the warranty process.There is nothing stopping you explaining here on this forum.Is there?:thinking:
  16. wolfyccfc

wolfyccfc

Name:
    Martin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The warranty process is detailed on the DRev website.
  17. lulu2608

lulu2608

Edit My Images:
    No
    Hello,

I just wanted to post a quick :clap: to say how good Digitalrev's service was for me recently. I finally decided to take the plunge and buy a Sony A77 from Digitalrev after reading comments here on Talk Photography.

The only negative comment I read was about picture count (someone got a camera with a high count and thought it was second hand). I'm a bit unsure how to check the picture count to ensure 100% it is brand new, but I have seen nothing to think otherwise (they did assure me when I e-mailed them directly).

It took 4 days from order to delivery, despite being a product for the Asian market it came with an English user manual and despite expecting a foreign plug with a converter it came with an English plug. Oh and I did not have to pay anything extra for customs.

AND it was £130 cheaper than any other UK supplier.

I have a local/international warranty and I just hope I don't need to test it. :cautious: If I do I'll let you know how I get on, but in the meantime I :love: Digitalrev.

Lulu
  18. DigitalRevDeals

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Lulu, Thank you very much! Glad you enjoy our service and hope you have fun with the camera! :ty:
  19. Thirumalkumaran

Thirumalkumaran

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    @digitalrev,

I'm planning to take a camera while in UK. But I will be leaving to India (Hometown)after 6 months. how can the warranty work in this scene?

suggestions please...
  20. DigitalRevDeals

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    We offer 12 month local warranty for manufacture defects, which means the warranty will still stand even in India. For more information, you can feel free to consult with our CS team at cs01@digitalrev.com.
  21. gopz

gopz

Edit My Images:
    No
    That is fantastic! So the first 6 months will be covered in UK, and when the buyer moves to another Country, the warranty continues there?
  22. DigitalRevDeals

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Yes :D
  23. kestral

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You keep referring posters asking questions to an email address cs01@digitalrev why not just answer the question?what has DigitalRev got to hide.If you offer a 12 month UK warranty where do the buyers send there faulty items to when they need repairing when you do not even have a UK address! All very suspect.:nono:
  24. digitalfailure

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    How many repair agents do you want them to list?

My understanding is by going through dr customer services they will point a customer in the direction of an applicable agent, the item then gets repaired directly by the agent. As the product is not going back to dr, there's' no need for them to post a return to address for warranty issues.
  25. Ricardodaforce

Ricardodaforce

Edit My Images:
    No
    What isn't so clear is that YOU have to pay for that repair and then wait for DR to reimburse you.

And what happens if the repairer cannot identify or remedy the fault? Then it does go back to DR.
    That's when you have the hassle of waiting in for couriers that never arrive to collect it.....
  26. OldCarlos

OldCarlos

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Why didn't DR answer the earlier question about the UK tax position & possibly mis-declaring goods?

Why is a Mod answering some questions for them?
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  27. digitalfailure

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm a member of TP as well as being an owner of it, so I'm quite sure I can answer any thread I like. Sorry if that offends you but I don't see why a reply from a member of the staff team in a thread giving "their opinion or thoughts" should be brought in to question.

Talk Photography or Slack media do not endorse advertising partners or tell them how to run their business, we are just an advertising platform in the same way as google, we supply space and exposure.

If you want to know the ins and outs of DR's business practices why not write to them directly, by now you should have realised that they aren't going to put the information you want in thread, so why keep pushing on it?
  28. OldCarlos

OldCarlos

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Brian, I wasn't questioning you personally, more about why DR wasn't answering.
    It doesn't `offend` me at all, just puzzled, hence asking a couple of simple questions on a thread, started by DR, titled; DigitalRev Warranty and Import Handling Info
  29. DigitalRevDeals

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi Dear,

Sorry about the confusion. As I am not customer representative in DR, I am the marketing manager so it would be better for me to direct all cs issues back to our customer service department. I am not going to hide anything or what, but I am just worried I cannot answer all the cs issues clearly and in details.

Also, I am not authorized to access in-depth order details so that's another reason why I need to pass to cs01@digitalrev.

Please kindly understand. Thanks !

Christy =)
  30. DigitalRevDeals

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi Carl,

I understand Julia has created this thread because many people enquires about warranty issues. I would be able to answer general questions regarding this aspect, but for certain special circumstances or individual cases, as I mentioned above, I do not have access to order info so it would be a better way to transfer the message to our customer services for handling.

For my role, I can always prioritize your requests and enquiries so hopefully things can run smoothier.

Please kindly understand.

Christy :)
  31. pastyman

pastyman

Name:
    Darrin
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well my 70d grip has been in customs for over a week, the value of the invoice customs are asking for, and the value I paid, do not match, I will NOT be sending invoices to Fedex clearing at customs, so have to wait until they return it to DR, before DR will give me a refund.
    You pays your money and takes your chance.

Other orders have gone very smoothly though.....
  32. buster_uk

buster_uk

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    No
    First hand experience of DR's warranty claim up to now is terrible. I have a Canon 650d I know it's a cheap camera but hey we all have to start somewhere. I bought it October last year. Two weeks ago it developed a fault. Will not write to any sd card. it will read them but not write to them, LCD screen states that the card is set to lock so unable to write to it. says the same even with no card in the slot. I contacted DR about repair. Quoting what it says on their website about returns for repair.

" 2. Door-to-door Warranty

If you prefer a simple laid-back approach and don't mind waiting slightly longer, we offer Door-to-door warranty where we will send a courier to your home to collect the faulty product and have it returned to our global service depot. We'll then handle everything for you and have repaired item returned to you by courier.

This approach may take longer, but you do not have to do anything. Just pack the product in a box and wait for the our courier to pick it up.
    "

This suited me better, Longer but less hassle.

I contacted CS at DR who told me they do not offer the option above and it was up to me to organise the courier and pay up front and if and only if they found the fault to be a manufacturing fault or product failure then they would repair it and pay for it's returned postage.

That is not what it states on their website.

So now I am trying to fathom out whether it's worth my time and money sending it registered and insured airmail back to Hong Kong hope and trust they will repair it free of charge and return it back home.

Or pay £176.00 myself to a Canon repair agent in the UK to have it repaired. Trying to claim that amount back from DR. Or DR telling me to send it back to Hong Kong for repair because they can do it cheaper.

Lesson learnt I think. Not always the best policy to buy cheap.
  33. pmcgsmurf

pmcgsmurf

Name:
    Pat
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I thought with DR you could send the faulty item to a UK address?
  34. Ricardodaforce

Ricardodaforce

Edit My Images:
    No

As mentioned in another thread. DR insisted my camera go back to them. I wasted a whole week waiting in for a courier to collect it. A courier who never arrived. In the end I had to mail it at my cost to Hong Kong. They are a shambles.
  35. DigitalRevDeals

Name:
    Christy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Dear All,

Some of our shipments were in customs recently but our shipping team is doing a lot of follow ups for you right now to resolve the issue. Please do not pay any invoices from courier yet as DigitalRev will clear the payment for you. Please be patient and understand. Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

For the warranty inquiry, door to door warranty applies if the item is confirmed Manufacturer's Defects. You can contact our customer services for more details whether your case is applicable for this as individuals cases varies.

Please let me know if you have any other inquiries.

Christy
  36. buster_uk

buster_uk

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Why not clear it up now in the open? Is it a true door to door warranty or not?

It's good to know I am not the only one to be given the run around.
  37. Ren956

Ren956

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Did this get sorted, i am considering buying from Digitalrev?
    Glenn Surtees likes this.
  38. mancubus

mancubus

Name:
    Michael
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    How can a Manufacturer Defect be diagnosed without sending off to someone to diagnose it in the 1st place?
    That is not what 'Door to Door' warranty should mean.

I have a 'Door to Door' warranty on my plasma TV and when that broke last month it was picked up, fixed and dropped back for me. Simple.

I had to pay to send my D7000 back to you a couple of years ago and I learned my lesson there and then.
    Just clear it up and state clearly that the door to door warranty isn't actually anything like a door to door warranty at all.
  39. big soft moose

big soft moose Not Have, Am

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Horney had the same problem - he filed a dispute with paypal and got refunded by them in the end.

He also said that DHL told him customs were cracking down on imports from digital rev on account of some parcels having misdeclared values (obviously I have no first hand knowledge of whether that was indeed the case)
  40. Ricardodaforce

Ricardodaforce

Edit My Images:
    No
    I had 2 PMs from DR this morning that were obviously meant for someone else, probably mancubus.....