"DILLIGAF"

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
Knowing that the weather wasn't going to be fantastic for landscape photography, organised a solo-assault to the barren lands immediately to the South of us, and took on Suffolk - more on a scouting mission as opposed to some serious landscape photography.

Went to the southern edge of the River Orwell with the better half and had a wander around a rather nice marina in Shotley Gate, before heading back to Pin Mill - which has a plethora of wrecked boats (amongst other boats) begging for the right light and tide.

Here's a small selection to give an idea of whats there to be photographed........ an early evening meet, on a clear day with golden hour light, no haze and low tides would be fantastic.

Hence the "cheating" by turning to B&W :LOL:

Not really after loads of critique as I know the light was pants... however should anyone of any ability wish to comment about anything, then I won't be in the slightest bit offended. Keep it constructive though.

1. DILLIGAF

Google it, if you don't know what it means.

dilligaf800bw.jpg

2. For Sale.

Don't bother ringing the number, as the Norfolk Mafia have bought it. Lick of paint, a bit of varnish and she'll be as good as new for the broads meet on 20/8

forsale800bw.jpg

3. All on it's own.

Would have worked slightly better if had something longer than 70mm on the body. The 50-150mm was 600 yds away up a hill though, and the pub selling lovely Adnams Regatta was 200 yds away. Beer won.

loneboat800.jpg

Lynton

Last edited:
I think that the first two have worked out the best. I think though that perhaps #1 would benefit from a shallower dof to try to lose the background boats a little. I like the conversion in #2, but can't help thinking it needs a little more room to breath, it feel a little tight in the frame to me.

I've got no ability though so treat it all with a pinch of salt :grin:

Back