Disney Princess - New LED Light testing

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
For X-mas I got a Yongnuo YN-300 LED constant light, haven't managed to use it until yesterday when the batteries for it arrived. Had planned to go into Garden and get some bugs with it but time was against me so I grabbed anything I could get my hands on to try it.

Heres the results with the Tammy 90mm + LED panel some with diffusion sheet on and some without.

Look forward to trying it with some springtails etc....

IMG_9799
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_9802
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_9803
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_9808
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. Added white card to Left of subject to highlight the shadow side

IMG_9811
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_9807
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

Well the light seems to work well, some nicely lit sharp images there but do you have model release forms :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

I agree on the lighting and models are looking good.
Are you sure your daughter didn't get the light and you got the dolls....:banana::woot::exit:

Well the light seems to work well, some nicely lit sharp images there but do you have model release forms :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Shhhhh.... dont let them know... thanks I am impressed with the light.

I agree on the lighting and models are looking good.
Are you sure your daughter didn't get the light and you got the dolls....:banana::woot::exit:

In fact my daughter took the shots too you should know that I don't take very good shots.. lol o_O

Lighting looks great, you got a link to the one you got?
I look forward to seeing how it reacts to wet or slimy bugs too, just to see if there's any difference

Look forward to it, had a look and for that money I must get me one of them
How does it feel to carry around if going out bug hunting, is it light and fairly robust?

Look forward to it, had a look and for that money I must get me one of them
How does it feel to carry around if going out bug hunting, is it light and fairly robust?

It is very light but I wont be carrying it will use it on a micro/mini tripod and position it as desired, the plan is to use it to brighten the background and fill shadows caused by my flash setup being above the subject in most cases. Though I could probably work a way to use it whilst shooting more challenging positions.

Wow! you got some great toys for Christmas. Its cool that you had the dolls to play with whilst waiting for the batteries. :kiss:

Depth of field and colours are spot on. WB on 2 looks a tad on the cool side and six looks slightly underexposed but i would still take them out for a drink. :runaway:

Wow! you got some great toys for Christmas. Its cool that you had the dolls to play with whilst waiting for the batteries. :kiss:

Yes i was a lucky little boy.... can even swap the dresses I know you'd love it :p

Depth of field and colours are spot on. WB on 2 looks a tad on the cool side and six looks slightly underexposed but i would still take them out for a drink. :runaway:

Agreed that #2 is tad cool though is closer to their true colour than the others but we all like people (representation to people) to look warm.

Thanks for your comments

I use a 170 LED version for indoor stuff and had not thought about using it for outdoor use,cheers for the thought (y)
Nicely lit shots,these lights are great for that sort of use.
Clive.

everyone got in there before me, I was going to suggest are you now collecting these lol - theres some good detail in those dolls bryn to be fair (considering what they are). Between you photographing dolls and me, watches, you can tell how bored we're getting waiting for spring lmao

Good looking video light. Looks similar to one I got last xmas. I've use it indoors for stuff, not thought of use in the field like that. Interesting...

Mine.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aputure-Amaran-AL-198C-Camera-Camcorder/dp/B00O0UEKIE

Looks good... yeah its just my idea to get some more colourful images remove the black bckground

I use a 170 LED version for indoor stuff and had not thought about using it for outdoor use,cheers for the thought (y)
Nicely lit shots,these lights are great for that sort of use.
Clive.

Thanks Clive... no problems I will always share my babbling's

everyone got in there before me, I was going to suggest are you now collecting these lol - theres some good detail in those dolls bryn to be fair (considering what they are). Between you photographing dolls and me, watches, you can tell how bored we're getting waiting for spring lmao

lol too late... yeah its a little obvious we are bored. :ROFLMAO:

I was shooting a grape yesterday :rolleyes:

I like the look of those, I'm tempted to buy one to try. Do you use your normal metering or use a light meter for the shots?

I assume they don't come with batteries, what type fit these?

Cheers

I like the look of those, I'm tempted to buy one to try. Do you use your normal metering or use a light meter for the shots?

I assume they don't come with batteries, what type fit these?

Cheers

They fit various battery's I bought Sony lp-970... For the shots above I did use a light meter for ease of use. Probably in field would use camera metering but guess it depends on subject.

Not seen one of those before Bryn looks very useful could set up a little portable studio for in the field
nice results too

Got one ordered and on the way.

Cool! I'm impressed by the amount of light it kicks out. I don't think I get as much from mine.

Is the intention to use it for lighting the subjects then? Is this just for filming or static shots too? For stills I only really use mine as a focusing light (or just to be able to find stuff myself when it's night).

lighting looks nice mate but how dare you miss out queen elsa!
Just let it go Matt... let it go.

Cool! I'm impressed by the amount of light it kicks out. I don't think I get as much from mine.

Is the intention to use it for lighting the subjects then? Is this just for filming or static shots too? For stills I only really use mine as a focusing light (or just to be able to find stuff myself when it's night).

Its use planned anyway is for some videoing, some nicer background stills, its far to powerful for a focus light but won't need to use the torch for that when using this.

Think this will be easier than messing with 2 lights and syncing etc. Not got Matt's skills in that respect but this and a flash should be ok (LED) lighting the background.

Its use planned anyway is for some videoing, some nicer background stills, its far to powerful for a focus light but won't need to use the torch for that when using this.

Think this will be easier than messing with 2 lights and syncing etc. Not got Matt's skills in that respect but this and a flash should be ok (LED) lighting the background.
Seems like it should work well. Waiting for you to report back when you get it out in the field ;)

I'm looking forward to trying mine out. Do you use a stand for this? I have a few speedlites and will have this shortly so need to invest in some stands. I've also got a Lastolite Ezybox Speedlite coming. Hopefully I can get some good shots of my new born :)

I'm looking forward to trying mine out. Do you use a stand for this? I have a few speedlites and will have this shortly so need to invest in some stands. I've also got a Lastolite Ezybox Speedlite coming. Hopefully I can get some good shots of my new born :)

I have light stands but hadn't really thought of using them with this though it may come in handy. I use this on a manfrotto mini tripod which is solid as a rock.

I have light stands but hadn't really thought of using them with this though it may come in handy. I use this on a manfrotto mini tripod which is solid as a rock.
I have one of those already, though I'm thinking of using it for portraits as well so I'd like to have the light aboVe the subject.

Back