Diving Osprey`s

I think I prefer the 3rd shot. I think it looks much more impressive from that angle as you can see the eyes homing in on its prey!

I like those ross, going to be different and go for No.1 , only reason, no.3 would have been a winner but for the cluttered background but hey, you can't exactly tell the bird where to land :) Great shots all 3, I'd love to be able to get just one of those

Brilliant set Ross,
I know how difficult it is to get an Osprey before the hit, you must have hundreds of images of Ospreys in and out of the water, but to catch the images you have here, stunning......... and I see lots of Osprey images every day of the year.
Thanks Gordon.

A stunning set

Just to be there and see this must be great, so capturing them in such detail is very good work indeed. I think it has to be number 3 as it just includes some water, although the first 2 are very interesting in showing the wing shape during the dive.

Great set Ross

I like the symmetry of the composition in number 1 but number 3 gets my vote.

I would like to have seen the shots after the first 2 since I'm guessing it would have been another 3 or 4 shots before it hit the water. Personally, I would be very happy to have caught any of the above shots but I know it's about a 9 hour drive to get up there from here so I'll have to content myself with looking at other people's shots!

I would like to have seen the shots after the first 2 since I'm guessing it would have been another 3 or 4 shots before it hit the water. Personally, I would be very happy to have caught any of the above shots but I know it's about a 9 hour drive to get up there from here so I'll have to content myself with looking at other people's shots!
Nod,I don`t know if it was me,the camera or speed of the birds but this was the next shot,not the one I was hoping for as its about to strike the water!
View attachment 16178

And this was another from the same morning but coming in from a different angle,probably the sharper of the shots but a bit to rear on for my liking?
View attachment 16179

Thanks very much everyone for taking the time to comment,its a great thrill watching these birds and even more so when you capture a worthwhile shot!

Ross

Thanks for that, Ross. Just shows what a difference a fraction of a second can make to a shot. As I said in my first post in the thread, I would be very happy to have caught any of the shots.

A good effort Ross.I would have to say #1 whilst not the best angle is the sharpest.The second one is just blurred and the last is not only soft and noisy but overcooked on the highlights as well. With all due respect to everyone on here I would have thought that by the number of replies at least one person would have picked up on something.The main reason why nobody will ever learn anything imho.Just saying ;)

u8myufo I`m guessing other people haven`t been quite as critical because of my wording at the start of my thread? "plenty room for improvement but I`m happy
with those as a starting point."
But thanks for the input anyway.

u8myufo I`m guessing other people haven`t been quite as critical because of my wording at the start of my thread? "plenty room for improvement but I`m happy
with those as a starting point."
But thanks for the input anyway.

I appreciate your reply Ross,and did notice what you said in your opening post.I still feel it does no harm to point anything out if you spot something though.You may or may not have been aware of all the points I raised,or maybe you just noticed one or two.If someone is looking to improve such as yourself then anything that has been brought to your attention can only help you on improving.If nobody mentions anything and you yourself were not aware,then you come out of it having learnt nothing.Not saying this is the case but it can all to easily happen with some people,hence shot after shot posted up of the same quality.

no3 and no5 for me

Nice set. I'm local to the area but never been myself. If you're around the area again you can catch Osprey at Loch Insh. The only problem with there though is that they can fish anywhere unlike Gordon's place where you know roughly where they go.

Back