do cokin filters

As far as I remember

There are 2 sizes A and P ( one is larger and thus is useable on very wide lenses 28 and wider)

They are square filters which sits on a holder. The holder is attached to the lens with a ring. So if you have 2 lens of 2 diff sizes ( say 55 and 64); you will need 2 rings , one holder and as many filters as you wish. You need to be careful to get the same type holder ( A or P) as the filter type

They fit any make of camera provided the lens has a filter thread. You need to purchase a specific adapter ring dor your lens size (regardless of make).

I would recommend the P size.

Note: even the P size will show in the shot with wide angle lenses. e.g. my sigma 10-20mm at the 10mm end.

Have a look at http://www.cokin.co.uk/

Note: even the P size will show in the shot with wide angle lenses. e.g. my sigma 10-20mm at the 10mm end.

They do a wide angle holder with just a couple of slots, not sure whether that is shallow enough for the 10mm end.

The alternative for wide angles would be their larger Z-Pro size for 100x100mm filters. See they even do an X-Pro size 170x130mm.

Note there are other similar filter systems.

What sort of filters do you want and what do you want to use them for?

Rather than getting a square Cokin, with an adaptor then fitting the filter, you'd be better off getting a circular filter to fit your lens. No adaptor needed.

Except that filter will only fit one lens. The beauty of Cokin or Kood filters is that you can buy one each of a range of filters and only need to get an adaptor for each lens, works out much cheaper if you have a lot of lenses.

Very true!

What sort of filters do you want and what do you want to use them for?

Rather than getting a square Cokin, with an adaptor then fitting the filter, you'd be better off getting a circular filter to fit your lens. No adaptor needed.

Also - ND Grad's are a bit limited if they're screw fit - kind of defines where you have to put the horizon :LOL:

They also made I don't know if they still do one that you could use on compacts. I was basicaly a fillter holder that you could attach on the tripod thread on the bottom of the camera then you sloted the filters in it to the A size ones

Back