Does it need the edit?!

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey and happy Friday :)

I was driving home on Monday from a work conference and the sun was settinand couldn't resist stopping off 2 or 3 times to take some shots!

Only had my iPhone with me sadly but 'use what you have available' and all that.

Anyways...I have edited (in the Afterlight app) a couple of the shots that I took and am not sure entirely whether they even need it??

(Edited image first and the original is second)

Surrey sunset edit by Pool of Pixels

Surrey sunset original by Pool of Pixels

Thoughts?

Carl

Last edited:
Its difficult with the images being so small, but i prefer the sky of #1 (although maybe overdone the blue saturation slightly), but prefer the darker silhouetted areas of #2, the edited version seems to have make the dark areas a bit blue rather than black

Yeah, really annoying I am using an Internet Explorer from the Stone Age in work and thats the best i was able to manage sadly.

Need to get them correctly attached!

Thank you for the comments - I was thinking the same about #1 with the darker areas, not really the best option I feel. Was after a little more colour in the sky but feel this edit is a little too much.

Possibly cropping out much of the dark area with no detail at the bottom of the shots would be worthwhile, Carl.

I agree, the bottom third is a waste. It needs a crop to make this is a better shot. The blue of the sky is super.

Back