Does Nikon WT1 Wireless Transmitter work with D2HS?

Name
Steve.
Edit My Images
Yes
Bought this WT 1 Wireless Transmitter brand new and boxed with my new D2HS camera very recently. I've just read somewhere that it only works on D2X and D2H and not on a D2HS. Is this the case? Thanks in advance.

Why not just try it and find out...and tell us what happens...since you actually have it in your hands...

Why not just try it and find out...and tell us what happens...since you actually have it in your hands...

I would if I knew how to. To be honest I'd rather not use or try it if it doesn't work with the D2HS as I would sell it as being 'unused' then. That's why I'm looking for an answer here.

TBH unless you have a need for it I would try and get rid of it. I had a WT-2 for my 2x and 2hs and had some right fun and games trying to get it set up and working and when I did get it to work it was just as much fun trying to keep it working. Anyway. im sure there was a firm thing with the WT-1 that had to be updated for it to work on the 2hs but this caused a problem as you couldnt update it as the camera wouldnt recognise it to do the firm ware update, it either had to be sent to Nikon or find somebody that had already done the update. The other thing I found with it is that it eats through the battery like no tomorrow so unless you have a few spare batteries or an electric hook up for it this is something to contend with.
On the plus side once I had mine set it did work well and I could put the camera outside and sit in doors and watch the world go by and take pictures from the comfort of my lounge, and anywhere up to 100 meters away, as I had the WA-E1 antenna as well.

TBH unless you have a need for it I would try and get rid of it. I had a WT-2 for my 2x and 2hs and had some right fun and games trying to get it set up and working and when I did get it to work it was just as much fun trying to keep it working. Anyway. im sure there was a firm thing with the WT-1 that had to be updated for it to work on the 2hs but this caused a problem as you couldnt update it as the camera wouldnt recognise it to do the firm ware update, it either had to be sent to Nikon or find somebody that had already done the update. The other thing I found with it is that it eats through the battery like no tomorrow so unless you have a few spare batteries or an electric hook up for it this is something to contend with.
On the plus side once I had mine set it did work well and I could put the camera outside and sit in doors and watch the world go by and take pictures from the comfort of my lounge, and anywhere up to 100 meters away, as I had the WA-E1 antenna as well.

Thanks for your reply. Don't like the sound of the 'fun and games' and I don't really have a need for it so sell or trade it it I will.

Back