Does this have anything?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21335

Now, I know it's not usual for me to say this, but I quite like this one. It came out how I wanted it to, but I am unsure if it has any merit as a photograph. This chap was just minding his own business in a coffee shop. Lost in whatever he was writing. I think he looks interesting and it makes me wonder what he could be writing. A novel, a shopping list, a play? Who knows. I tried to frame it including the deer head thing and lightbulb. Would love to hear comments on it. I have avoided giving it any sort of title so it isn't judged by the title.

* by GazMortonPhoto, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. :)

I like that a lot Gareth.

It has an almost surrealist element to it, with the clock playing a part as well as the lightbulb and the deer head.

A minor point - I think panning slightly right to bring the deer head more into frame might improve it.

That's minor though. Terrific photo.

I like that a lot Gareth.

It has an almost surrealist element to it, with the clock playing a part as well as the lightbulb and the deer head.

A minor point - I think panning slightly right to bring the deer head more into frame might improve it.

That's minor though. Terrific photo.

Thank you Simon for taking the time. :)

Love this shot - very evocative, what is he doing??

I would crop the left side away to the edge of the cupboard though

Les

I like it too... it's an intriguing image.
I would probably have cropped out the out of focus 'chair' maybe, that creeps in from the bottom left side though, my eye is drawn to that, but it's nothing major.
'Tis an interesting image all the same.

I would probably have cropped out the out of focus 'chair' maybe, that creeps in from the bottom left side though, my eye is drawn to that, but it's nothing major.
Agreed. :)

I like it a lot, very nice that the lightbulb is going off as he is writing. I would possibly be tempted to crop a little off the left hand, where the darker door catches my eye a little, and a tiny bit off the bottom, but as a photo I like it!

Love this shot - very evocative, what is he doing??

I would crop the left side away to the edge of the cupboard though

Les

Thanks Les. Yes I think a little left/bottom crop works for sure.

Thank you and yes, I agree about the crop. :)

And I agree also. :)

I like it a lot, very nice that the lightbulb is going off as he is writing. I would possibly be tempted to crop a little off the left hand, where the darker door catches my eye a little, and a tiny bit off the bottom, but as a photo I like it!

Thanks for commenting. :)

Back