Does this work? Erm no.

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
This was a complete accident. It was a panning gone wrong but I cant make my mind wether it works or not. What do you think??

100_6875.jpg

C and C please
Thanks Matt (y)

anyone particularly interested in the track day exhaust silencers ? - it doesn't work for me.

No, sorry Matt, just looks like a miss to me.

No. I mean Yes: my answer is No.

it might if it was in focus :)

yeah but it also need a a fairly large crop to leave mainly the back of the car a lot less background. I try to avoid cropping as much as poss, but there sometimes shots that do deserve a crop.

Actually I think this is a stunning shot Matt, really captures the moment and give a great sense of speed :)

Nah, only joking, it's rubbish mate, bin it ;)

:coat:

how do you get whizzy lines like that as it moves ive tried and just get a static car lol

Slow shutter speed. This was at 1/320. Try too go lower though after practising atthis for a while and try too get it down too 1/100 or 1/125 :)

Depends on the speed of the target. The faster the target the faster the shutter you can use whilst getting thesame effect. For exampe, i use a slightly faster shutter on corner apex shots on the 25's then the Superbikes, as believe it or not the 125's have a faster cornering speed, but slower shutters for 125 panning shots then Superbikes, as the Superbikes are faster in a straight line.

Also depends on the size to, to slow and your edges from focus point will blurr.

Its about going slow enough but not tofar. Always sounds impressive saying i did a 1/15 pan, but if the target is only moving at 20mph thens its no harder then a 1/320 pan if the target is travelling at 200mph

I like it.

It would be good cropped around the sponsors poster on the wall and the car.

He he, dares to be different... ;)

Back