Does this work?

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
I shot this after being on the floor shooting my daughter but she was taken for a Nap and I saw this.

I seem strangely drawn to it, but not sure why... does it work? If so why.

IMG_6415
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated

:ty:

The oof thing on the floor, possible changing mat or blanket spoils it for me as its so large in view.. If it was just the table leg and toy then it might have worked a bit more :)

im afraid not for me. 1st off your watermark is far to large and distracting, that's a huge annoyance for me. 2nd it just doesn't have any real interest for me. I always try and give a positive when I give feedback so... the spinning top looks sharp?

The eye is taken and re-taken back back to the top making this the main subject of the picture. I found that this worked for me but there were two niggles. The nice wooden curve of the table was just a little too sharp...maybe if this was pulled a bit to the right and brought nearer the camera so as to be a bit blurred giving the eye a nice curved path through to the chair and the rad. The lighting on the top is nice coming in at 45 degrees on the left. There is a picture there for me.

Too much happening for me I'm afraid. I don't really know what I'm supposed to be looking at. What did you have in mind when you took the shot? What drew you to the scene?

The oof thing on the floor, possible changing mat or blanket spoils it for me as its so large in view.. If it was just the table leg and toy then it might have worked a bit more :)

Thanks I thought the Mat lead nicely too the spinning top.... I wish I'd tried to get closer as well shame.

im afraid not for me. 1st off your watermark is far to large and distracting, that's a huge annoyance for me. 2nd it just doesn't have any real interest for me. I always try and give a positive when I give feedback so... the spinning top looks sharp?

Thanks for the comment and for the positive lol

The eye is taken and re-taken back back to the top making this the main subject of the picture. I found that this worked for me but there were two niggles. The nice wooden curve of the table was just a little too sharp...maybe if this was pulled a bit to the right and brought nearer the camera so as to be a bit blurred giving the eye a nice curved path through to the chair and the rad. The lighting on the top is nice coming in at 45 degrees on the left. There is a picture there for me.

Interesting idea if light permits I may try to re do this shot but not sure all will fall into place.

Too much happening for me I'm afraid. I don't really know what I'm supposed to be looking at. What did you have in mind when you took the shot? What drew you to the scene?

I think its the toys and chair and Mat without children... kinda deserted scene.

Back