Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Thanks Jean, I appreciate your feedback.

No, we do not work her. I don't hold with shooting birds (or anything) for fun but yes she gets plenty of exercise here in the beautiful Yorkshire dales.

We also have a Labrador, Harris is 11 now and a senior citizen and Jess helps keep him fit and active.

DSC4442harrissmugmug-X2.jpg

Roy

Last edited:
Celt, the rescue Greyhound:

and Dexter, my Kelpie/Collie Cross:

Both lunatics.

That is so kind, thank you Lisa. I love photographing my dogs (as you may notice) Can I show you more ?

Harris again.

832387858_wR99K-XL.jpg

More Harris.

466274132_gSqbJ-XL-1.jpg

Stop ! and smell the buttercups (my two dogs chilling out.

885902988_crhnV-XL.jpg

Roy

That is stunning!

Lisa - you took the words out of my mouth (well, keyboard). Magnificent dog in magnificent surroundings.

I love photographing my dogs (as you may notice) Can I show you more ?

Harris again.

832387858_wR99K-XL.jpg

More Harris.

466274132_gSqbJ-XL-1.jpg

Stop ! and smell the buttercups (my two dogs chilling out.

885902988_crhnV-XL.jpg

Roy

Ahhhh - I could look at these all day, Roy. I love the photos as well as the dogs. You could drown in Harris' eyes - they're so soulful. :clap::clap::clap:

I've got an extra soft spot for Labs, having had a couple of my own. :)

Jean

Love the last photo of the spaniel gazing over the land with her ears blowing in the wind!!

what a beautiful photo - and such lovely eyes
x

Thanks Jean, I appreciate your feedback.

No, we do not work her. I don't hold with shooting birds (or anything) for fun but yes she gets plenty of exercise here in the beautiful Yorkshire dales.

We also have a Labrador, Harris is 11 now and a senior citizen and Jess helps keep him fit and active.

DSC4442harrissmugmug-X2.jpg

Roy

I just realized I need to take my dog out with the camera more often after seeing some of these amazing shots!
Since this is my first post Hi I'm Rob, I have a canon 550d with standard and 18-55 and a 55-200.
here's a pic of my Border collie. Can't up originals anywhere at the moment as i'm nowhere near my computer but can link
dancing_for_the_camera_by_rob1989-d3lo7x5.jpg

using £10 extension tube
being_watched_by_rob1989-d41m2d5.jpg

This is Bruno, a rescue dog from Yorkshire Rose Dog Rescue who I've had since 1st May 2011 after I lost my previous dog (Boz) in April to a liver tumour.

These shots were taken on holiday in Cornwall. This classic portrait is Bruno on a walk doing his best "look how handsome I am" face.
8b7953313bf855b6905c8ba6e3c94f5a_d9e.jpg

The second photo is a very wet and sandy Bruno having been on his first ever visit to a beach!
0237f43d03a464fbc20a29910ddcbee4_d9e.jpg

Maria - Scrumpy looks cuter and cuter every time I see her picture! :love:

Rob - hi and welcome :wave: That's a beautiful border collie and the speckled markings remind me of my last BC. Lovely breed, and great fun to train and work with. :)

realmofconfusion: Bruno looks like a lively youngster who'll keep you busy. He'll be demanding holidays in Cornwall again, by the look of him. That's one happy dog. Lovely photos - you've really captured his personality. (y)

Jean

This is Oscar, my new collie, got him yesterday and found out he likes the sprinkler!

ALG_5059.JPG

Thanks! Canon 5dmkII and a canon 70-200 2.8 (non IS)

The only time I've been disappointed in the fps of the 5d. Lots of shots that were just out of focus on the eyes as the wee bugger was moving so fast.

I found it best to shoot as the dog was moving across me slightly rather than head on if that helps?

5090080899_ed2af63277_z.jpg

5090707668_c164709620_z.jpg

5090111043_43957d6bee_z.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos and lots of great characters. To the person that rescued the greyhound, thank you. I volunteered at the RSPCA shelter for three years during and after A Levels and there were four of them that had been there for over a year already and were still there when I left. Four of the most loveable dogs I have ever met.

I would post photos of my Molly but she will not, and I mean not, stay still for a photograph! She will tease and stay still until I am about to take the shot then the little cow always shakes her head or turns away :D

*edit* I forgot about these!

my dog, running
by rednorters, on Flickr

my dog, jumping
by rednorters, on Flickr

She is some weird mix of Terrier and whippet. Runs like something off a shovel and never get tired!

Last edited:
A few from a Gundog shoot I did a while ago.
4979524955_67eabf3d4f_z.jpg

4979522681_efef597c8b_z.jpg

4979537097_7c92a16305_z.jpg

Thanks! Canon 5dmkII and a canon 70-200 2.8 (non IS)

The only time I've been disappointed in the fps of the 5d. Lots of shots that were just out of focus on the eyes as the wee bugger was moving so fast.

I found it best to shoot as the dog was moving across me slightly rather than head on if that helps?

5090080899_ed2af63277_z.jpg

5090707668_c164709620_z.jpg

5090111043_43957d6bee_z.jpg

Great stuff folks - thanks for posting - although it makes me realise that time has caught up with Fingal - my current 12 year old Springer :shrug:

Foxhounds from today's show :love:

066.jpg

038.jpg

This is Tyson, 8yrs old

And this is his Mum, Jesse who we think is about 11 or 12yrs old.

Last edited:
Foxhounds from today's show :love:

066.jpg

Ingrid, That's lovely - and so are the dogs! But I did think I was seeing double for a second. :love:

btw - what show was that? I took pics of the bloodhounds at the New Forest Show but haven't had time to pp them yet. They were fantastic!

This is Tyson, 8yrs old

Bec - he looks far too much of a softy to be called Tyson. :) Was his mum a rescue dog?

My Jack Russell Bobby, who had just learned what toys are for

5999265463_7d1dcb1750_b.jpg

Better the toys, Tina, than you best pair of Jimmy Choos. He looks a proper little character. :D

Jean

Some gorgeous dogs on here :) some of my baby Cocker, Pippa, coming up to 4 months old and getting interested in everything!!

Helping with the laundry ...
IMG_00843.jpg

After her first foray into a stream in the Lakes ...
IMG_9626.jpg

My first dog, she's amazing :love:

Jeangenie - Bec - he looks far too much of a softy to be called Tyson. Was his mum a rescue dog?

Yes she was, hence why we're not sure on how old she is, and Tyson, yeah, he is a very big fairy who really should of been a girl i think lol. His mum is more of tough dog than he is lol.. wouldnt have him any other way though :)

Ingrid, That's lovely - and so are the dogs! But I did think I was seeing double for a second. :love:

btw - what show was that? I took pics of the bloodhounds at the New Forest Show but haven't had time to pp them yet. They were fantastic!

It's a local countrymans day run by supporters of the Chiddingfold.Leconfield and Cowdray hunt, they always bring the hounds to meet and greet, my dog Merlin just adores them, when they arrived he was literally mobbed by the hounds, all you could see was a little head bobbing up occasionally, highlight of his year lol.
I worked with the foxounds years ago as a weekend job when I was at school, absolutely adore them, those two are looking at the huntmaster

Yes she was, hence why we're not sure on how old she is, and Tyson, yeah, he is a very big fairy who really should of been a girl i think lol. His mum is more of tough dog than he is lol.. wouldnt have him any other way though :)

They're both dogs to be proud of! It's often the way isn't it? The gentle giant syndrome. Conversely, you should see the smaller of my 2 Yorkies approaching any dog bigger than him - he charges at them at top speed, barking at top volume. :LOL:

It's a local countrymans day run by supporters of the Chiddingfold.Leconfield and Cowdray hunt, they always bring the hounds to meet and greet, my dog Merlin just adores them, when they arrived he was literally mobbed by the hounds, all you could see was a little head bobbing up occasionally, highlight of his year lol.
I worked with the foxounds years ago as a weekend job when I was at school, absolutely adore them, those two are looking at the huntmaster

That sounds like a really good day. Merlin's birthday and Christmas all rolled into one. What a great part-time job - much better than on the checkout at the local supermarket! :)

Jean

oh, and a funny one of kiki!

kiki4s.jpg

some really great photos of fantastic dogs in this thread

Back