Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

My two...

5482986691_e8e41b1a3d_b.jpg

5482986339_a3392ca334_o.jpg

Hi Andrea. :wave:

What a beautiful collie - behaving exactly like a collie should! How old is he? It looks as though he's already settled and feeling at home with you. I'll look out for the two of you on our forest walks. :)

Jean[/QUOTE]

Hi, sorry for the delay - yes he is settling in well. He is five. We normally walk our dogs at 5.00am as I have an anti social gsd so unless your an early bird you may not see us!! xx:LOL:

I took this snap today while walking these two. Pity I have my shadow in there, and snipped there paws but I didn't have a chance for a re-take considering how many nano seconds they are still for...

Loui & Ruin

dogs.JPG

Last edited:
This is Oscar, my new collie, got him yesterday and found out he likes the sprinkler!

ALG_5059.JPG

This is just how our border collie x GSD reacts around sprinklers, water hoses, watering cans.... :D

Great photo!

Just seen this thread, thought I'd share my mutt... Tia, she's always had "that problem" with her ears! :LOL:

Tia-run-rstp1.jpg

Beautiful dogs on here folks and not bad pictures either

Here is my working Cocker Jess visiting the Castlerigg Stone circle.

http://www.visitcumbria.com/kes/castlerigg-stone-circle.htm

She is sooooo beautiful!!!! :love: would like to see a straighter horizon, but you dog is just gorgeous!!!

DSC07968JessCastleRigg.jpg

DSC07967JessCastleRiggmono2.jpg

Roy

brilliant! :D

Some great pictures in this thread, I must take some more of my boy. Here's Shumba, our Rhodesian Ridgeback, who has been with us for 2 1/2 years now. (y)

2 by NnG Photography, on Flickr

shumba 10 weeks - "Hold on I'm coming!" by NnG Photography, on Flickr

Shumba at Holkham1 by NnG Photography, on Flickr

I love the puppy pic - look at the size of those paws!!! :love:

Two shots of my bitch. Gem.

DSC01905.jpg

just gorgeous! :)

This is Olly who is 14 months old (ish), he was rescue pup and is now a registered P.A.T Dog :love:
Ollystraw.jpg

Ollylog1.jpg

One of my favourite-ever photos, this is Jazz. Sadly no longer with us, she was a rescue dog adopted by my parents and lived a very happy second life with them. One of her favourite activities was playing on the Isle of Man beaches and barking at the sea, daring the waves to come closer!

Jazz by manxmaid2000, on Flickr

One of my favourite-ever photos, this is Jazz. Sadly no longer with us, she was a rescue dog adopted by my parents and lived a very happy second life with them. One of her favourite activities was playing on the Isle of Man beaches and barking at the sea, daring the waves to come closer!

Jazz by manxmaid2000, on Flickr

I think this photo is fantastic, a lovely reminder of her doing what she loved (y)

This is such a great idea for a thread; it's guaranteed to make me smile each time it's updated!

Following on from my pic of a very wet Jazz above (thanks to Andrew and John for the comments), here's her successor Leo, another rescue dog enjoying the same lifestyle with my Mum, although he prefers dry land!

Leo by manxmaid2000, on Flickr

That made me laugh Paul, cracking catch (y)

Couple of my lovely GSD in the snow a couple of years ago, sadly I lost him a couple days later

s072.jpg

s063.jpg

Last edited:
Another one of Jenny

IMG_4926.jpg

this was our german sheperd collie cross
lost her about 5 yeas ago, wished I had the SLR then but only had a cheap compact.
cassie009.jpg

cassie006-1.jpg

Cassie1.jpg

File0015.jpg

Last edited:
A few of my recent favourites-

DSC_8605-1.jpg

Gorgeous:), lovely action shot! I love DDBs (well, all molloser breeds to be fair :cool:) but Vislas are nice too :p. Mollosers can be so hard to photograph running as the "flaps :LOL:" go everywhere and look awfuly unsightly!

How big is your house? :LOL: I love mastifs and if I had more walking time spare, would definately have one, but atm the jack russells rule the house and the garden, and the local park, etc etc.... ;)

You'd be surprised about the (little) amount of room you need for some of the bigger breeds. I have a Great Dane in a 1 bedroom flat and as long as she gets her walk she's happy to slob out on the sofa (or my bed!) all day.

My Staffie

Absoutely love it :D!!!

My boy Diesel:

DSC05779copy.jpg

:eek: What a gorgeous boy! What setup did you use if you don't mind me asking? I love the background.

Not sure if they're 'favourites' but here's a random few of my pack

Breagh - (Pointer X Labrador)
1542109090_bc29439eb9_z.jpg

Lovely :). Wish I could get such clear and sharp landscape shots when I try and capture Mia against scenery!

Foxhounds from today's show :love:

066.jpg

Urm, I went cross-eyed for a second there :eek:!

Roxy my British Bulldog, never seen a tongue like it!

Roxy_s-Tongue.jpg

Lol, I'm sorry but that is just plain ridiculous!!!

P.S. Sorry for the uber reply, I'm just a big dog perv :love:, I wish I could reply to them all!

Back