Critique Dogs in the Sun

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Hi I’m interested in your opinions of these. They are JPG images straight out of the camera. No editing or cropping. This is done deliberately as I’m trying to force myself to get it right in camera and net depend on PP to fix my mistakes. I do have a raw copy so I can make changes if I want to. The dog have been staying at my house so this was the last day I had to take the pics. I know the light was not right as it was a bright sunny morning but I didn’t have the option of waiting for better light.

Please can you let me know what i could have done differently to improve on these straight out the camera.

Thank you.
View attachment 19950

2View attachment 19951
View attachment 19952

View attachment 19953

View attachment 19954

Last edited:
You can make adjustments to the black dog in Cs6 with the raw files and enhance the areas which are dark by using shadow enhancer ! Or expose perfectly in manual and use the correct positioning of the dog in the sun light black dogs can be tricky for beginners or newbies keep practicing you done ok ! You also have to watch the light on the dogs tongue making sure its not over exposed :)

Last edited:
Back