Dogue de Bordeaux puppy

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
A little update on my Dogue de Bordeaux puppy. He is now 10 weeks old and weighs over 10kgs. From the last image i took at 8 weeks old i can see a big difference, his chest is broader, his head is changing including his eye colour and overall he is quite a bit bigger.He gets loads of products to help him grow and keep him in top condition including, tripe, raw chicken wings, yougart, goats milk, cheese etc....he cant half eat..:LOL:

Bailey1-1.jpg

Bailey.jpg

Bailey10weeks.jpg

Cute pics. I'm liking the lighting (not too harsh) and the colours / sharpness look spot on to me.

He's going to be a bit of a brute is he not? :D

He gets loads of products to help him grow and keep him in top condition including, tripe, raw chicken wings, yougart, goats milk, cheese etc....he cant half eat..:LOL:

Beautiful dog just a word of caution. Regards diet you don't want him growing too fast and especially putting on too much weight. He is a beautiful dog with great bone and in super condition. Pupd tend to grow very fast especially if fed high protein diets. They can grow quicker than their joints can develop and if carrying extra weight can develop hip and elbow problems in later life. The same applies to exercise as a pup when you should use the 5 minute rule untill at least 9 - 12 mths old.
Sorry to go on about the health issues he is a great looking dog and wish you all the best with him.

John.

Cheers John and you make good points. The diet he is given is to help bone and substance, it will promote balanced growth.It will stop him spurting to much but he should grow slowly and evenly with this tried and tested natural type of diet.His meals are very well weighed out. He basically gets 4 meals but starting tomorrow that gets reduced to only 3..Sardines are about to be entered into the diet as well and othe things taken out...As you can see he isnt one of the fat little pups that some people breed, he is showing some positive signs that he is on the right path to be a good example of hs breed but time will tell...Thanks for your very important comments and something allot of people should consider when takin on a large breed type dog...(y)

hes a cracking Dogue, congratulations (y)

And I speak from experience, my DDB gained 18kilos in 2 months as we did not fully understand how, what and when to feed her (we did not get her till she was 3years old). But ours will eat like a waste disposal unit on speed if we let her

He is certainly growing well Mark (y)
Its a great set but the first is the best IMO :)

She wasnt our first dog so we had an idea what to do, but as we got her from a rescue home she was very thin and under nourished plus she had had a crap life so I think we just went a bit potty with portions and tit bits

OMG!!! I think he's totally adorable.... thank god our house (and bed) is small or we'd be adopting one of these asap!!!! ;)

golly, you must be totally besotted with him... and there's nothing better than a puppy for unconditional love :love:

and fabulous pics!!!
x

I love the second photo best of all, that look says it all!!!!

Great photo's Mark and the GF loved them. She did say however, you ought to darken his do-dah's a bit !(her words not mine!)

that last one is fantastic.

He's lovely! A neighbour has three of these giants - I regularly see them lolloping off for a walk going past our house. Hope he doesn't drool much when he gets older!

handsome fella !!!
and 10kg in 10 weeks ???
I thought that my cat is big with his 6months and 6kg :eek:

handsome fella !!!
and 10kg in 10 weeks ???
I thought that my cat is big with his 6months and 6kg :eek:

:LOL: our bordeaux was 17kilos at 11 weeks,he is a big lad but may mature earlier than others so might stop growing soon,owner of his dad thinks he will be at least 65 possibly 70 odd kilos.. They all grow at different rates but the changes are very rapid.Looking forward to next installment Mark,wish Dave would sit like yours :D.

LOVELY shots, I especially love the first one. He looks cute, but I guess that could be deceiving :p

Alison-lee said:
I love the second photo best of all, that look says it all!!!!

I agree - all the photos are beautiful - but #2 has an extra something in the glance :)

markyboy.1967 said:
Last image for this time. Here is Bailey showing a bit of character-

Great pic! Please - some new photos of Bailey now - to see how he is progressing....

markyboy.1967 said:
I willpost a few snaps shots in a moment but not done with proper lights etc this time,

Looking forward to them! Can I ask - did you take the puppy pics in a fancy studio? The lighting is so perfect that I am figuring on very sophisticated equipment.....

Nope, i took them in my very small living room, the backdrop was a bit of black gortex materiali cut off a roll from my shed. Lights were balanced on my sofas as there wasnt enough room, the backdrop was draped over my tv and i was lying half in the lounge and half in the kitchen to get distance--so far from perfect...Just wish i had more space to try different lighting angles etc....

Started another thread with some quich shots of Bailey as they arent up to a great standard so didnt want them in this thread..lol

Last edited:
markyboy.1967 said:
Nope, i took them in my very small living room, the backdrop was a bit of black gortex materiali cut off a roll from my shed. Lights were balanced on my sofas as there wasnt enough room, the backdrop was draped over my tv and i was lying half in the lounge and half in the kitchen to get distance--so far from perfect...Just wish i had more space to try different lighting angles etc....

Started another thread with some quich shots of Bailey as they arent up to a great standard so didnt want them in this thread..lol

Well that is just the living proof of a good photographer - I was sure you either had - or rented a fancy joint to take your pics. Maximum respect :)

Back