Doh, Kites warning again !

Name
Nicki.
Edit My Images
Yes
Just 2 I missed from the other day, having problems with my little birds so thought I woud go back and have a play editing with these, hardly any sharpening at all very small crops from them and just a few adjustments.

Losing my confidence with posting now, as seem to be taking backward step with my photography (I am sure I am not the only one am I :shrug: ?)

IMG_0253edit.jpg

IMG_0261edit.jpg

We all have ups and downs in photography, Nicki. The downs sometimes seems more frequent and steeper than the ups. :eek: I've hardly picked up a camera for fun for 3 months, but I've just got my mojo working again and I'm loving it. :)

It's good to look back a bit further (say to when you first joined TP) and then you can see what phenomenal progress you've made. The good news is - the ups will soon be happening again. Just hang in there, and be pleased with what you've achieved - Kite Queen of TP is no mean achievement. :rules: :clap:

Jean

Losing my confidence with posting now, as seem to be taking backward step with my photography (I am sure I am not the only one am I :shrug: ?)

Happens to us all. As we get better we become more critical. Take the first picture for example. I'll bet if you took that after first starting out you'd have been ecstatic, but now you've got a load of experience and library full of better shots it's now substandard in your eyes.

To be honest with photography the better you get, the higher your standards become, and the harder it is to maintain them.

When I first started out I'd take a picture of everything in sight and I thought everything I took was brilliant - going back through those photos today tells a different story. These days I can often have my camera with me and I won't even fire one shot because I've been hit with photographers block, or I'll be shooting away and come back with a memory card full of crap. When that happens I'll either try something different from my usual style, or put the camera down for a month or so, and come back to it refreshed.

Don't worry about it, you'll be back on form soon :)

I'd go back and look at your older shots. Then you can see with your own eyes where the differences are, where the most progression is and where there are any weak spots. None of us see other people's duffers or know how many keepers they have vs the duffers.

There are two threads on here with duff bird shots and duff wildlife shots. Some brilliantly bad ones taken by people on here that often post stunners so I'd have a mooch in there and cheer yourself up :)

No Nicki we all go backwards sometimes I am the President, Chair person and hold the certificate for being carp;)

Most of us start out as novices and start posting, then realise god I am no good as we aspire to get shots like some people get on a regular basis on TP ( I wonder how many duffers some people get in relation to keepers ;)), but it takes time a lot of time, technique, getting to know what your kit will do, the huge subject of light etc.

Chin up girl and keep positive and posting (y)

Now the shots, they look pretty darn good to me and i would be happy to have taken them, the exposure looks good plenty of detail (y)
What settings do you use, looks like you have the kites exposure settings working, bet that took time to sort.

i would be more than happy with these two nicki keep them coming honey
regards ian

As others have said Nicki, please don't give up. I know I've often said 'if this doesn't come out, I'm selling' Keep going (y)

:wave: Hopefully see you Friday

Di

Back