Critique Donegal International Rally 2016

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks,

I always intend to post more but never get around to it .... however fully intend to become a more active member in the near future. I have a few rallies lined up to attend and have a baby on the way (Which will be a bit of a variation in what I normally take photos of and Ill be seeking lots of advise). In the meantime, this is what I'm more used to - hanging out of a hedge shooting rallycars.

Id like some critique on these images, I attend this rally religiously and my images from this year left me a little flat, I was slightly disappointed in them. Im hoping some of the immensly talented photographers can give me some advise and direction on how to improve. Ive already been told that I should focus on having more road in front of the cars rather than behind so that is something I intend to work on but any other advise would be appreciated. There is a full set and write up here: http://reallymeansounds.com/rally/donegal-international-rally-2016/ but I've included some below for handiness. Any critique would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Boyle Day 1 by David Harrigan, on Flickr

Cronin in the woods by David Harrigan, on Flickr

all aboard Moffett airways by David Harrigan, on Flickr

Fiesta ST by David Harrigan, on Flickr

Brian Brogan Day 1 by David Harrigan, on Flickr

Cronin by David Harrigan, on Flickr

R5 Fiesta by David Harrigan, on Flickr

2 is really on the money, I wonder if you could selectively bring the highlights back a touch, to retain a little detail in the sky.
They're a good set overall, definitely gives a good flavour of the rally

2 is really on the money, I wonder if you could selectively bring the highlights back a touch, to retain a little detail in the sky.
They're a good set overall, definitely gives a good flavour of the rally

Funny you point that out......I tried, it annoys me too.

The sky had absolutely no detail, it was steady drizzle with a hanging mist and the sky was flat white with absolutely nothing visible unfortunately.

Thanks for the comments.

Funny you point that out......I tried, it annoys me too.

The sky had absolutely no detail, it was steady drizzle with a hanging mist and the sky was flat white with absolutely nothing visible unfortunately.

Thanks for the comments.

There's nothing for it then, you'll have to go shoot the Acropolis or Sardinian rallies for some better skies!!!

Back