Donna Nook

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Had my first trip to Donna Nook just before Christmas, managed to wait for a day with some lovely sunshine and blue skies!!

Loved lying belly down just watching the seals, so lovely to watch!

Here are 6 of the best from the morning, let me know what you think :)

Untitled by jonathan_ed1984, on Flickr

That's a beautiful set of images........love the really low POV & lovely light on them as well :clap:

Do I recall reading that this isn't actually the usual part of Donna Nook...more down the coast a bit ? Or did I imagine reading that :thinking:

Thank you. I started with the tripod as low as it will go then switched to belly crawling and using the backpack as a bean bag.

I landed lucky with the light, as I'd cancelled a few previously planned trips as the weather was looking grey and didn't want a 3 hour journey for bad light.

I started at the actual sanctuary and spoke to the wardens and asked their advice with regards to walking out to sea and they recommended an area. It was a few miles down the A road from the sanctuary

Thanks Russ.

The main viewing area had it's qualities, like the ability to get up close to a pup without causing distress, which is the most important thing. Had to have a word with a couple of chaps over from France who felt it was ok to walk up to the groups and try to touch. Ludicrous

Thanks all, really appreciate it.

Looking forward to going back.

I actually quite like the "stampede"... Or as it actually was, "stinky stampede". When your downwind you can smell them!

Back