Doorway B&W

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
Looking for a bit of critique on this, my first proper attempt at night (no flash) outdoor stuff. There were 2 bin bags near the doorway which I've tried to remove.

Handheld
Exposure 0.125 sec (1/8)
Aperture f/5.6
ISO Speed 800

6553642937_648566cbf4_z.jpg

would you consider removing the sign and a slight crop from the top
its a good piece of work on the cloning and the tonality is full across the b>w spectrum
cheers
geof

100% would not remove the sign it's part of what makes the image for me, I do think that it's a really nice image, I would consider making the image a little darker to give it an even moodier feel :thinking:

But I have to say this is very good (y) especially give the shutter speed without tripod (y) also you've done a reasonable clone job :clap:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

100% would not remove the sign it's part of what makes the image for me, I do think that it's a really nice image, I would consider making the image a little darker to give it an even moodier feel :thinking:

But I have to say this is very good (y) especially give the shutter speed without tripod (y) also you've done a reasonable clone job :clap:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for the welcome, the image looked pretty dark on the mchine I was working on, obviously my monitor is out of whack and probably needs calibrating or something. Haven't really had any critique on my photos before so it is appreciated and hopefully I'm doing something right. My PP skills are still devolping so I'm sure I'll get better at cloning etc.

6553642937_648566cbf4_z.jpg

I think I'd have lost the LH drain pipe and I'm not too sure about the frame, just the white line would have done IMVHO.

I like this, just the way it has been cropped and presented. The textures, shadows, light and sign all add something to the whole. The frame enhances the image, IMHO. That's a personal thing, though, so I'm not trying to start an argument. LOL

I do really like this capture. I don't think I've seen so many different opinions for one photo! The fact it has I think speaks volumes for it.

Anyway, for my tuppence, I disagree with all the other opinions ;) and would like to have seen it shot from slightly lower and looking up a bit more which could have got rid of the yellow lines in the road:shrug:

Where is it by the way?

Cheers mrtoad, I quite like the sign, it has me imagining an ominous little theatre where all sorts may happen. As for the crop you could be right you know, remove some of the total blackness from the top.

(y)

the sign could read....sbirro's restaurant... a story about an only by invitation restaurant limited to a certain number of diners
when one left another took his place
the one who left...ended up in the kitchen
the kidney and brain pie was the speciality

cheers
geof
and a merry christmas

Back