1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dubzter

dubzter

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Looking for a bit of critique on this, my first proper attempt at night (no flash) outdoor stuff. There were 2 bin bags near the doorway which I've tried to remove.

Handheld
    Exposure 0.125 sec (1/8)
    Aperture f/5.6
    ISO Speed 800

[​IMG]
  2. mrtoad

mrtoad

Name:
    Geof
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    would you consider removing the sign and a slight crop from the top
    its a good piece of work on the cloning and the tonality is full across the b>w spectrum
    cheers
    geof
  3. dubzter

dubzter

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Cheers mrtoad, I quite like the sign, it has me imagining an ominous little theatre where all sorts may happen. As for the crop you could be right you know, remove some of the total blackness from the top.
  4. MWHCVT

MWHCVT Advertiser

Name:
    Matthew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    100% would not remove the sign it's part of what makes the image for me, I do think that it's a really nice image, I would consider making the image a little darker to give it an even moodier feel :thinking:

But I have to say this is very good (y) especially give the shutter speed without tripod (y) also you've done a reasonable clone job :clap:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Matt
    MWHCVT
  5. dubzter

dubzter

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks for the welcome, the image looked pretty dark on the mchine I was working on, obviously my monitor is out of whack and probably needs calibrating or something. Haven't really had any critique on my photos before so it is appreciated and hopefully I'm doing something right. My PP skills are still devolping so I'm sure I'll get better at cloning etc.
  6. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    [​IMG]

I think I'd have lost the LH drain pipe and I'm not too sure about the frame, just the white line would have done IMVHO.
  7. hunter20ga

hunter20ga

Name:
    Drake
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I like this, just the way it has been cropped and presented. The textures, shadows, light and sign all add something to the whole. The frame enhances the image, IMHO. That's a personal thing, though, so I'm not trying to start an argument. LOL
  8. lfc1892

lfc1892

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    nice shot. Really like the lighting and shadows, but i'd crop some of the negative space at the top. Well done getting it so sharp handheld. A tripod and a couple of exposures would have enabled you to get less intensity in the main light.
  9. Wookee

Wookee

Name:
    Luke
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I do really like this capture. I don't think I've seen so many different opinions for one photo! The fact it has I think speaks volumes for it.

Anyway, for my tuppence, I disagree with all the other opinions ;) and would like to have seen it shot from slightly lower and looking up a bit more which could have got rid of the yellow lines in the road:shrug:

Where is it by the way?
  10. mrtoad

mrtoad

Name:
    Geof
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    (y)

the sign could read....sbirro's restaurant... a story about an only by invitation restaurant limited to a certain number of diners
    when one left another took his place
    the one who left...ended up in the kitchen
    the kidney and brain pie was the speciality

cheers
    geof
    and a merry christmas