Dove Dippers

Edit My Images
Yes
Three shots of the Dipper taken on the River Dove in Derbyshire.

_MG_2960.jpg

_MG_28851.jpg

_MG_2918.jpg

Not keen on the harsh light in #1 & 3. The second one is a cracker though(y)

Good detailed set Don, lovely light in no 1.

Thanks all for the comments. Ken we found them at the first spot I showed to you last year at Milldale. They stayed mainly on the far side of the river under the cover of the trees so light was very poor, these are the best of a bad lot of images. When they did come out they didn't hang around. Think I'll have to find somewhere else where it is a bit more open.

Thanks all for the comments. Ken we found them at the first spot I showed to you last year at Milldale. They stayed mainly on the far side of the river under the cover of the trees so light was very poor, these are the best of a bad lot of images. When they did come out they didn't hang around. Think I'll have to find somewhere else where it is a bit more open.

Ok don on the info (y) but you still managed to do a decent job considering the light ;) ps 600mm now ;)

Excellent job i like those (y). The stretch you took them along is a favourite walk of mine from Dovedale to Milldale i found the best time to be mid week to miss most of the visitors. We got lucky and got some shots just below the stepping stones the only trouble was the light was'nt great on the day.
Regards
Richard

Love 1 and 2 Just a shame 3 has no catchlight in the eye woulsd have been a cracker.
Glyn

Like the eye contact on number 2, not easy birds to get and you did well with these :clap:

lammie think they are a brilliant set of a hard bird to photograph well done
regards ian

A nice Trio Lammie. Well done.

Regards: Gordon

Love the Dippers lammie :D 1 and 2 for me, not too sure about #3 looking away but still a good shot.

Thanks all for your kind comments. Richard (Lost), I agree this a very nice part of Derbyshire to visit and as you say it's best to go on weekdays rather than the weekend. Have you ever tried Bradford Dale, its near Youlgreave, that is also a fav of mine. Rich, I'm still trying to make my mind up about the 3rd, there's just something about it that I like especially if I could get the harsh light tone down a bit.

1, 2, and 3 for me and in that order. I can see the light wasnt ideal and that you did a good job with them, well done (y)
This is near the top of my to do list this year, and all being well, three of us are going after them soon, if we can get something like these we will be very happy.

Back