Dracula's Castle.....

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
This is Slains Castle in Aberdeen shire.
Local legend has it, that it inspired Bram Stoker to write "that" novel,
When he stayed there.

The previous week had been very grey and overcast (that's putting it mildly ;))
So I went there looking for some atmospheric shots.
Just my luck, the skies cleared and the wind dropped :(

Anyhow without the use of HDR or tone mapping,
I tried to put a bit of Character into the place, did it work ?
I started with THIS BTW

IMG_5866_Processed by Chris-the-falconer, on Flickr

Pretty impressive stuff Chris, certainly works for me, though there is a very slight halo, but what the heck! (y)

Thanks for taking the time to comment Graham, its appriciated.
Yep thats halo is a bugger ain't it?
I got rid of most of it, and I suppose given time I could have lost the rest,
but I am just too damned impatient :D

Forgive me, as I see what you were going for; however the halo-ing totally kills your image. It looks a little like 2 images and a slightly dodgy cut / paste / merge job. Sorry :(

Forgive me, as I see what you were going for; however the halo-ing totally kills your image. It looks a little like 2 images and a slightly dodgy cut / paste / merge job. Sorry :(

No need to apologise, critique good or bad is always appreciated (y)
Landscapes are not my thing at all TBH, and maybe this is why :D

Have to agree on this one Chris it's the minute halo that kills it for me, I'd love to see you sort it out though as I think that you've got a nice idea/photo in the offing (y)

Matt

You are nearly there with this imge Chris, sort out the immediate problem and then lighten the right side wall of the building a tad and hey presto a stunning shot.

Thanks for taking the time to critique guys, its all duly noted and appreciated (y)

great to see this, i used to live a few miles trhe other side of cruden bay, way back in the distant past.
is the tower still standing?

great to see this, i used to live a few miles trhe other side of cruden bay, way back in the distant past.
is the tower still standing?

Thanks for dropping by (y)
And yep the tower is still standing.
There are a few more images of the Castle in THIS THREAD

PMSL Hello my friend long time no hear

I was sleeping
From time to time I want to stop trying to learn English and from time to time I start to miss you, my British friends ;)

Mk II minus halo is much better IMO (y)
Although if I'm totally honest, I prefer the less processed ones in the other thread.

I was sleeping
From time to time I want to stop trying to learn English and from time to time I start to miss you, my British friends ;)

:wave: Welcome back Oleg - I still say that your English is better than some of our native speakers, so I think you've advanced well past the "trying to learn" stage.

Mk II minus halo is much better IMO (y)
Although if I'm totally honest, I prefer the less processed ones in the other thread.
Thanks for dropping by, and commenting, Sarah. Your honesty is appreciated (y)

Right, back to me big cats then by the looks of things. :D

:wave: Welcome back Oleg - I still say that your English is better than some of our native speakers, so I think you've advanced well past the "trying to learn" stage.

I totally agree (y)

Hi, Sarah!
It could seem my English is getting better, but it is not so.
There is my dictionary ;)

I looked at this yesterday without the P&P. How come you mods can edit without it saying? :eek::D

MK II version much better without the halo. (y)

Back