Dropped D700

Edit My Images
No
Droppped my Nikon D700, it had a battery pack and lens on at the time. so I think that one of these took the brunt of the imapact, as I cant see any external damage to the cmaera..
But, the camera dosnt work, the mirror dosnt move when the shutter is pressed, although there is a clicking, but not the usual loud click of the D700
Auto focus seems to work ok

Insurance company dont have anyone linked to them for camera repairs, and have asked me to send it to a repairer for an engineers report, what the cause was, the cost of repair (if repair is possible) the cost of replacement if a repair is not possible.

Anyone know of any suitable repairers/suppliers?
Ive found one called Fixation, anyone heard of, or used them?

Thanks

Fixation are quite a well known company. I've not used them but I think several on here have. This may be better in talk equipment rather than shopping. You could ask the mods to move it?

Never used Fixation myself but, whenever anyone asks where to send Canon gear for repair, it's usually either Canon Elstree or Fixation.

this seems to be nearest authorised repair center to you hth mike ...... www.ajjohnstone.co.uk
taken from the nikon website
Thanks for that, Ive got the camera all boxed up and ready to go to Fixation, but I might give these a ring Monday as Im off work..
Put it on this section just in case one of the traders had anyone in mind
Bill

Last edited:
I'm collecting a D3 on Sunday. It had a new shutter put in by Fixation. They seem to be a very decent company to deal with from what I've read. I'd have no problems using them.

Don't forget, you get to choose who does your camera repairs, not the insurance.

Back