Dunstanburgh Castle.

I'm torn on this one.
On the one hand I wish the castle was more prominent.
On the other I love the stones.
I'm going to come down on the side of loving it.

I'm torn on this one.
On the one hand I wish the castle was more prominent.
On the other I love the stones.
I'm going to come down on the side of loving it.
Thanks Ruth Glad you like the stones ..Took me ages to arrange them all.:D
Great lighting. The highlighted area in the bay and in front of the castle helps draw the eye up the image and the detail in the distant cliffs is really good.
Many thanks cmcm789 appreciated
Like the light on the cliff face with this one. Very nice
Thank you Alan ..First time i have been on your area of coastline it has some beautiful beaches with loads of features.
Love this and well done for not taking a sunrise one
Thanks Steve , The sunrise was not an option this time as i had my better half with me and staying in a guest house and 4.30 rise may not have gone down to well.:(.

Thanks for your comments Graham and Jake ..Appreciated

Super shot. Composition is good. It's a great location isn't it. We were thee last October. As has been said there is no reason why this has to be taken in the golden hour. Your image is proof of that.

On a scale of 1-10 I can only give it 8.5, one of the stone you so nicely arranged is 2" out of place, :rolleyes:

It would look nice as a desktop back ground, just tried it it looks great on my machine.;)

Super shot. Composition is good. It's a great location isn't it. We were thee last October. As has been said there is no reason why this has to be taken in the golden hour. Your image is proof of that.
Thanks Peter for the comments and you are right about the location its one i must visit again soon apart from a brief visit to Holy island ten years back this was a first for me.

On a scale of 1-10 I can only give it 8.5, one of the stone you so nicely arranged is 2" out of place, :rolleyes:

It would look nice as a desktop back ground, just tried it it looks great on my machine.;)
LOL..Dam I worked so hard on them stones :mad:
Thanks Lots Shaun.

excellent example, pleased you enjoyed your stay as this is my neck of the woods, am interested in what camera settings you used.

excellent example, pleased you enjoyed your stay as this is my neck of the woods, am interested in what camera settings you used.
Thanks Kevin we had a great few days ..The settings- f14 22mm iso 100 16sec with big stopper.

I think your filter has just killed the colours in this.

Everybody sees different things in every image ,I was quite pleased with the colours in this one but thanks for your views Jasmine.

Everybody sees different things in every image ,I was quite pleased with the colours in this one but thanks for your views Jasmine.
Yes I agree, if that's the look you were after you have got it nailed.

Back