Dunwich Heath

Edit My Images
No
Couple of experimental shots from Dunwich Heath..

Ive owned a T/S lens for a while, but never used the tilt function to increase blur.

Would love to know what you guys think

15044420121_712a1a8c55_b.jpg

14869113677_fbdf731c4f_b.jpg

You're welcome, yep honest feedback is much more helpful than anything on social streams.
How do you find the 24mm? I fancy one myself.

Its remarkable. As a standard 24mm its flawless (I mean really...the corners are as sharp as the center), but as a T/S its hard to get your head round.

Shifting is simply and straight forward, tilting though take practice, and im still pretty clueless how it works :)

I think for landscape is probability the best lens out there, but for convenience/speed probably best sticking with a traditional zoom.

Its remarkable. As a standard 24mm its flawless (I mean really...the corners are as sharp as the center), but as a T/S its hard to get your head round.

Shifting is simply and straight forward, tilting though take practice, and im still pretty clueless how it works :)

I think for landscape is probability the best lens out there, but for convenience/speed probably best sticking with a traditional zoom.

I only shoot landscapes really, and very occasionally architecture, so it's a perfect candidate for me. It's just so bloody expensive!

I have the Samyang 24mm ts. It's a great lens and a lot cheaper then the canon.

I only shoot landscapes really, and very occasionally architecture, so it's a perfect candidate for me. It's just so bloody expensive!

Yeah....Its a killer. Im VAt registered so that helps (and I had a good year at work).

You could opt for the Samyang - not as well made, and not as sharp, but, cheaper. And if you feel its worth it, you could sell it and upgrade to the Canon. And I doubt unless youre a pixel peeper you could tell the difference anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah....Its a killer. Im VAt registered so that helps (and I had a good year at work).

You could opt for the Samyang - not as well made, and not as sharp, but, cheaper. And if you feel its worth it, you could sell it and upgrade to the Canon. And I doubt unless youre a pixel peeper you could tell the difference anyway.

I think if I'm honest I'd have to go for the Canon. While not being a pixel peeper it does annoy me just how soft in the corners my 24-105L is. I want to get rid of that problem.
I wonder if my work has any need for one of these lenses, that I could buy through the company to get rid of VAT.
I've just clocked on to who you are, didn't realise it was you without your Mushroom God tag :LOL:

didn't realise it was you without your Mushroom God tag :LOL:

Yeah its me - small world isn't it !! I follow you on flickr and twitter :)

The mushroomgod thing is something I tend to use on social networking site, but on forums (like this and Photography on the net) I stick with my name. Its more friendly I think :)

Yeah its me - small world isn't it !! I follow you on flickr and twitter :)

The mushroomgod thing is something I tend to use on social networking site, but on forums (like this and Photography on the net) I stick with my name. Its more friendly I think :)

In photography, yep very small! Like wise matey :)
I saw you cropped up in the wexmondays the other day too! I'm yet to get in there!

In photography, yep very small! Like wise matey :)
I saw you cropped up in the wexmondays the other day too! I'm yet to get in there!

WexMondays is a laugh, every Monday there's a lots of chatter on Twitter regarding it - checking out and commenting on everyone's photos. Ive made allot of internet buddies and actually met up with another couple of photographers because of it. I really enjoy it, but I think ive now peaked (im currently at 3rd place on the leaderboard...Somehow!) but every week the competition gets better and better as more photographers join in.

This is a cracking shot - on another week that could have easily won.

WexMondays is a laugh, every Monday there's a lots of chatter on Twitter regarding it - checking out and commenting on everyone's photos. Ive made allot of internet buddies and actually met up with another couple of photographers because of it. I really enjoy it, but I think ive now peaked (im currently at 3rd place on the leaderboard...Somehow!) but every week the competition gets better and better as more photographers join in.

This is a cracking shot - on another week that could have easily won.

It does seem to be very popular! I've only really just started using Twitter properly, so only just getting to know people on there! I've met up with Matt Clark and Rich Hurst from there though! Shooting with Rich again tomorrow actually!
The competition is fun, gives me motivation to find my best work.
I've not seen the leader board, is it public?
Thanks mate, I think I got a bit unlucky last week, but Russ's shot was very good!

In all honestly I don't like the blur.
Compositions and lighting look good, but the blur lets it down for me.
+1

On my screen the shadows look quite dark. I would like to see them lifted a bit or less vignette if possible. I'm envious of the location you have found, very nice colours and composition.

I prefer #1 from these. Lovely colours and composition.

As for the blur, I quite like it, but it does look a bit unbalanced to the left - assuming this is due to the position of the tree.

I love the images.

I like the effect. Big fan of Russ Barnes stuff with the T/S lens so know where you re coming from. Another pal uses the Canon 24 TSE. A good looking lens.

I'm very tempted by the Nikon 45mm PC-E

I've tried to get into twitter but can't fathom it....

I like the effect. Big fan of Russ Barnes stuff with the T/S lens so know where you re coming from. Another pal uses the Canon 24 TSE. A good looking lens.

I'm very tempted by the Nikon 45mm PC-E

I've tried to get into twitter but can't fathom it....

Looking at your work (which btw is amazing) I think you would get allot of use out of a TS. If only for the ability to do panoramas - Which btw, these images are.

As for twitter, its a hard nut to crack. As time goes on and you get more followers it does become more fun.

Last edited:
Back