" Durdle Door "

Instantly recognisable, great composition and detail in the shadow.
And that sky is to die for...
Beauty!

Great photo, the coulds really draw you in with the long exposure and what a sky, must of been an awesome morning. Although have just split toning in Lightroom to boast the colours a little, just the colours of the rocks on the door look a little off considering they are in the shade, although I could easily be my phone/tired eyes

I like that take and agree with Wayne. Lovely sky and I particularly like the way the LE has brought out the shoreline. It make a nice diagonal leading line to the arch. Nice shot.(y)

The composition is good, enough detail in the shadows that the eye has plenty to move around the image and look at, but that sky is excellent, makes the image and I think you suceeded in creating something different from an often shot place.

I like this a lot, could have been easily spoiled by lifting the shadows too much which a lot would have done, but this is a perfect exposure in my eyes.

I know Durdle has been done many, many times
It has, but why should that stop anyone from photographing it? If we took that approach there wouldn't be much left to photograph ;)

I think the tones in this are wonderful, I also think you have the balance right between the sky, mid ground and foreground. Agree with other about the waters edge and the long exposure. Its a belter and would look great printed large!

Thank you very much everyone for all your nice comments!

I like this a lot, could have been easily spoiled by lifting the shadows too much which a lot would have done, but this is a perfect exposure in my eyes.

Thanks...it did take me a while and many changes until I settled on the shadows as they are now :)

It has, but why should that stop anyone from photographing it? If we took that approach there wouldn't be much left to photograph ;)

I think the tones in this are wonderful, I also think you have the balance right between the sky, mid ground and foreground. Agree with other about the waters edge and the long exposure. Its a belter and would look great printed large!

I know Paul, it's just that sometimes thing can be so overdone that for some people, not me, can get boring. Durdle door it really is a beautiful place and I'm already planning my next visit :)

The composition is good, enough detail in the shadows that the eye has plenty to move around the image and look at, but that sky is excellent, makes the image and I think you suceeded in creating something different from an often shot place.

That was my aim, coming up with a different angle and include the bay behind the door too, rather than on its own.

I like the PoV and comp for this and looks like you had a nice sky along with the right wind direction for an LE! I do find the editing is a bit heavy handed and contrasty for my tastes, theses also some haloing appearing around the door.

I like the PoV and comp for this and looks like you had a nice sky along with the right wind direction for an LE! I do find the editing is a bit heavy handed and contrasty for my tastes, theses also some haloing appearing around the door.
Thank you Neil...I might review it and edit it again when I get a chance.

It is nice. For me land is nicely exposed but the sky is bit flat and dark lacking highlights.

Cracking shot and nice to see something different of this often photographed location.

My only small criticism (as already mentioned) is the over-sharp horizon and haloing.

Excellent - great to see a different take on Durdle Door. This one goes to top of my list.

Cracking shot and nice to see something different of this often photographed location.

My only small criticism (as already mentioned) is the over-sharp horizon and haloing.

Thanks Dave.
Halos I have looked at the original and it was caused when sarpening for online resizing, it si not present on my original edite.
As per the over-sharp horizon, I don't know exactly what you mean since it is as it came straight out of the camera.

Excellent - great to see a different take on Durdle Door. This one goes to top of my list.

Thank you arclight!

Back