Dusk in my home town

Sorry I meant dusk for those that can actually spot the difference.....lol
Dusk till Dawn......now that's a movie :)

Firstly, welcome to TP :)

I quite like the composition here. Rivers running diagonally across a frame are pleasing to me.
The image is soft...was this hand-held?
There's a couple of blown areas in the sky, which don't look bad in the water reflection, but make you squint a little in the sky, and there's not a lot that can be done there in terms of recovery.
And a little PP could lift some of the foliage on the far bank.
I'd say you're off to a fair start tbh.
And the location? This could be Bolton or Brighton. There's nothing to indicate geographical location at all, so it's faily immaterial :)

The image was hand held as I only own a rather antiquated scaffold like Benbo tripod that's simply too large and heavy to carry around.So untill I can afford an affordable lightweght replacement my shots will have to be handheld.
I've always shot in jpeg untill a recent conversation with a wedding photgrapher who'd seen some of my work suggested I'd benefit from shooting in RAW.
Simply down to finances I haven't got access to lightroom so I'm having to convert using the Canon software supplied with the camera and I have a lot to learn and would probably benefit from a better programme.
It's the reason for me being here in the first place as I hope to pick up some useful tips :)

welcome
i know bolton a bit...having lived in irlam for a while
your shot is ok for what you explained...
what it needs and can benefit now is some pp to lighten and manipulate the tones
that makes it awful fussy to do i know but its what i would do for fun...photography is phun

i had a giant benbo so i know the weight thing is against you regarding transportation
i got a slik second hand..one of the aluminium ones with quick release platform
it does the job

Haha....cheers fella.
I have lung disease so weight simply isn't an option.
Don't have a car so public transport my only mode of transportation after my legs.
All these are imaterial obstacles as the camera rules.
I'll be around for a while yet :)

Haha....cheers fella.
I have lung disease so weight simply isn't an option.
Don't have a car so public transport my only mode of transportation after my legs.
All these are imaterial obstacles as the camera rules.
I'll be around for a while yet :)

courage mon ami

Back