Duxford American Air Day

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
After being confined to the house by injury since the end of April this was my first opportunity to get out, my first real use of my D90 and my first attempt at photographing moving aircraft so I was quite pleasantly surprised to get anything remotely worth keeping. Out of the many shots which are destined for the recycle bin some of those I'm satisfied with are:

1. F15C Eagle
005.jpg

2. Spitfie Vb
007.jpg

3. P51D Mustang
013.jpg

4. B17 Flying Fortress & P51D Mustang
014.jpg

5. F86A Sabre
016.jpg

6. HH-60G Pavehawk
018.jpg

Whereabouts were you stood? I thought it was an ok day, but a bit thin on USAF exibits, got to chat to someone that works on F15's though that was a good conversation!

Heres hoping the rumours of something at mildenhall next year come to something, but dont bank on it sadly.

At the far end, just outside the Land Warfare Hall. Agreed, there wasn't a great deal of aircraft movement but that was ideal from my point of view as it meant I could have a high failure rate (which I did) but not miss out as each plane or group was around for a while. At least it's given me the enthusiasm to try an airshow in the hope of some success.

Just the right amount of Rota ond prop blur on the older planes, very nice indeed !

Back