DxO_FilmPack3

It's useful, but would be much better as a lightroom plugin.

When you run the installer it gives you the option to install into Lightroom, Aperture etc.

Worth a look for free!

Installed this but definitely cannot install light room plugin. Only installed Photoshop and standard alone version. Still quite handy. Not tried it but looks interesting.

The option to install as a Lightroom plugin is in the custom installation options but it's been turned off in this (free) version.

Can only install as photoshop plugin or stand alone.

If anyone finds a work round please post. I only want the lightroom plugin.

Hi Steve,

Is this the tutorial you're after? http://www.dxo.com/intl/photography/tutorials/dxo-filmpack-plugin#anc1

The only thing i did differently in Step 1 is when it asks you to "Verify that DxO FilmPack has been selected" I never got the DxO option. Stuck with Custom and clicked the Choose button under the drop down box. Go and find the .exe file here C:\Program Files\DxO Labs\DxO FilmPack 3 and it should be called fppv3.exe. Once you've OK'd that then go and choose the other File format options etc.

While in Lightroom, right-click the image and just choose "Edit in" then "Edit in fppv3.exe". Edit it up, then save and it'll appear in your catalog in Lightroom.

If you want it to appear as DxO FilmPack3 when you choose Edit In, you'll have to rename the .exe file in Program Files to whatever you want it to appear as. Ie if you rename fppv3.exe to DxOFilmPack.exe it will show as "Edit in DxoFilmPack.exe" on the menu. It still works, but i haven't tested any other implications of doing this. I would recommend copying the fppv3.exe file before doing anything so you can always just copy it back in the event of it going awry.

That's assuming a Windows PC, if you can't find the DxO Labs folder in Program Files, try Program Files (x86) instead just in case. I'm afraid i can't help with Mac :)

The option to install as a Lightroom plugin is in the custom installation options but it's been turned off in this (free) version.

Well, thats odd. I have the free version but I am running a Mac, maybe thats the difference?

Back